CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   North Korea approves nuclear strike on US (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=241823)

LLCOOLSTEVE 03-04-2013 08:20 PM

North Korea approves nuclear strike on US

Is it now time to start getting worried or is it all really just rhetoric??

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...tary-actions-0
Yonhap News AgencyApril 3, 2013 15:16
The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch "merciless" military strikes on the United States.

spuddy 03-04-2013 08:23 PM

There has been very worrying noises coming from North Korea lately. I still think the leader is merely flexing his muscles. Heaven help us if he does do it. A nuclear war would be a catastrophe

Blind_Eagle 03-04-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Is it now time to start getting worried or is it all really just rhetoric??

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...tary-actions-0
Yonhap News AgencyApril 3, 2013 15:16
The North Korean army said Thursday it had final approval to launch "merciless" military strikes on the United States.

That announcement was last Thursday, so I guess if you did think it was time to start getting worried, then you're a bit late starting. ;)

evvo111 03-04-2013 08:25 PM

Typical, just when the weather warms up we get a nuclear winter :grrr:

LLCOOLSTEVE 03-04-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
That announcement was last Thursday, so I guess if you did think it was time to start getting worried, then you're a bit late starting. ;)

We are told not to copy and paste all the article :rolleyes:

Someone always tries to be smart ;)

SEOUL, April 4 (Yonhap) -- Adding to weeks-long bellicose rhetoric, North Korea's military announced Thursday that it would take a series of military actions against the United States.

ExiledStirling 03-04-2013 08:27 PM

Apparently it is bluff as they do not have the capability to attack the US.

However it does make you think, that as there are nuclear weapons out there, that it is not a matter of would any country actually be daft enough to launch a nuclear attack, but when will a country be daft enough.

PIE "N" MASH 03-04-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evvo111
Typical, just when the weather warms up we get a nuclear winter :grrr:

:D :D

chav_hater 03-04-2013 08:31 PM

Complete non-issue. The US has more threat from all the nukes which were lost in the break-up of the Soviet Union than those coming from North Korea. All posturing for internal political gain, much the same as Argentina and the Falklands.

LLCOOLSTEVE 03-04-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater
Complete non-issue. The US has more threat from all the nukes which were lost in the break-up of the Soviet Union than those coming from North Korea. All posturing for internal political gain, much the same as Argentina and the Falklands.

Why does the leader of N Korea need to posture for internal political gain?!

They could do some harm, not against the US mainland but elsewhere...

PalaceBhoy 03-04-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
Apparently it is bluff as they do not have the capability to attack the US.

Their nukes are about as worrying for US defence as Calvin Andrew.

TheMexicanHorse 03-04-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Why does the leader of N Korea need to posture for internal political gain?!

Simple, he needs to prove to the generals and colonel's of his Army that he his as 'strong' a leader has his dad was.

Gosling 03-04-2013 08:37 PM

Of course it's nonsense. To the best of my knowledge, no country in history, which was seriously planning any kind of aggression against another country, pre-empted their own actions by telling the world's media.

The only worry is how the new PDRK leader might manage to climb down from this position. Presumably he'll trump something up which he can feed to the adoring masses as a triumph against Western capitalist imperialism. If not, and he backs himself into a corner, might he be just insane enough to do it? Nah, surely not. Right?

LLCOOLSTEVE 03-04-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gosling
Of course it's nonsense. To the best of my knowledge, no country in history, which was seriously planning any kind of aggression against another country, pre-empted their own actions by telling the world's media.

The only worry is how the new PDRK leader might manage to climb down from this position. Presumably he'll trump something up which he can feed to the adoring masses as a triumph against Western capitalist imperialism. If not, and he backs himself into a corner, might he be just insane enough to do it? Nah, surely not. Right?

Like beating brazil 1-0??

Malarkey 03-04-2013 08:40 PM

Don't they supposedly have less than 10 nukes? Unless China join them, they'd be destroyed.

ExiledStirling 03-04-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PalaceBhoy
Their nukes are about as worrying for US defence as Calvin Andrew.

I basically read that as in attempting to hit the US the nuclear weapon will end up somewhere in Australia.

ExiledStirling 03-04-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malarkey
Don't they supposedly have less than 10 nukes? Unless China join them, they'd be destroyed.

China will not join them

danpalace07 03-04-2013 08:43 PM

Even if they wanted to they couldn't. They haven't yet miniaturised one of their nukes so it can fit on their (unreliable at best) missiles. Mainland America is safe. Northern Seoul (and US bases in Asia), however, would be a bit ****ed as NK has the most artillery in the world and it would shell the shit out of it until the Americans and South Koreans manage to destroy them. From there it's game over for NK.

PalaceBhoy 03-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExiledStirling
I basically read that as in attempting to hit the US the nuclear weapon will end up somewhere in Australia.

More likely the detonator button will just be repeatedly missed for 90 minutes.

Gosling 03-04-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Like beating brazil 1-0??

That worked before. Maybe sports is the answer. What's the Korean martial art? Couldn't he say to Obama "your ten best men against mine", and the whole world would be on his side, watching on live TV as the Yanks get a right good shoeing.

elgin eagle 03-04-2013 08:45 PM

I'm worried. You just know that we will secure promotion only to be thwarted by a fleet of north korean nuclear submarines rendering every other place uninhabitable. Only Blackpool will be improved.