CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: Quincy Promes (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=274013)

SilentAssassin 06-02-2018 04:45 PM

Quincy Promes
 
Frank de Boer claims we couldn't afford the 30million fee in the summer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/de-boer-sa...ampton-target/

whereEaglesFly 06-02-2018 04:46 PM

Him and Zaha on either wing would have been nice.

Latvian Eagle 06-02-2018 08:29 PM

Why is Frank srill lurking about.

eagles #1 06-02-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14103712)
Why is Frank srill lurking about.

Could probably get a game for us at this rate.

CP-RJW 06-02-2018 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 14103712)
Why is Frank srill lurking about.

Like a jealous ex-girlfriend.

PALACEWU 06-02-2018 08:45 PM

He says nothing which isn't agreeable.

TopKnot 06-02-2018 08:49 PM

Probably didnt trust him to spend that much money

Martin H 06-02-2018 11:10 PM

He is always going to be asked about Palace because of the short tenure and it’s his last club. What’s he supposed to say? Sorry I can’t answer any questions? Chill and let him get on with it. Why do we care?

Latvian Eagle 07-02-2018 06:25 AM

Not like de Boer to be after Dutch players.

FourtyTwo 07-02-2018 07:13 AM

Couldn't afford that, but managed to buy Sakho in the same window.

Tim 07-02-2018 07:28 AM

Maybe if he’d been backed by the board he might not of had such a terrible record & who knows he might still be here?

mylona 07-02-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourtyTwo (Post 14104092)
Couldn't afford that, but managed to buy Sakho in the same window.

Exactly, the HLTCO article suggests we couldn't buy him because the bulk of cash was reserved for Sakho. WE can't splash 60m.

SE5eagle 07-02-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 14104101)
Maybe if hed been backed by the board he might not of had such a terrible record & who knows he might still be here?

He was a biff.

Nigelbrag 07-02-2018 08:56 AM

Is anybody seriously suggesting we are interested or should be in Promes at 30m? would be nice to see the Board show that type of ambition.
Still if Southampton do get him in the summer? which may open the door for us to get Nathan Redmond, i will settle for that gladly.

Latvian Eagle 07-02-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 14104101)
Maybe if hed been backed by the board he might not of had such a terrible record & who knows he might still be here?

I doubt it. Hes rubbish.

GreatGonzo 07-02-2018 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigelbrag (Post 14104180)
Is anybody seriously suggesting we are interested or should be in Promes at 30m? would be nice to see the Board show that type of ambition.
Still if Southampton do get him in the summer? which may open the door for us to get Nathan Redmond, i will settle for that gladly.

It is a huge amount of money for a league that has not got a record of showcasing huge talent.

At 27.5m they were asking he would be the 3rd most expensive player ever from the Russian Premier League behind Hulk and Willian.

Only 5 players in that league have ever moved for for than 10m.

Maidstoned Eagle 07-02-2018 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 14104101)
Maybe if hed been backed by the board he might not of had such a terrible record & who knows he might still be here?

Maybe if he hadn't turned down several other proposed transfers out of petulance he might've been here too....

Malarkey 07-02-2018 12:12 PM

Would have been a quality signing.

100% Palace 07-02-2018 12:33 PM

Probably would have played him in a back 3 had he signed.

Nigelbrag 07-02-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14104394)
It is a huge amount of money for a league that has not got a record of showcasing huge talent.

At 27.5m they were asking he would be the 3rd most expensive player ever from the Russian Premier League behind Hulk and Willian.

Only 5 players in that league have ever moved for for than 10m.

You are right it is a lot of money for a player from that league, also i just did not see Palace ever being interested. As i mentioned Saints seemed very keen, so if they went back in the summer then Redmond may be available who would make a great signing for Palace.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.