CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Get the cream of the championship (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243738)

elgin eagle 27-05-2013 11:29 PM

Get the cream of the championship

As much as I want to savour the moment of getting promoted and ruining brightons summer, autumn and winter, the reality is we are 4 weeks behind the other premier league sides in getting a squad together that can compete next year.

I am hopeful that ollie will have two lists planned, one for if we stayed in the championship and one for if we made it through the minefield of the playoffs. I am really hooeful that he will give the lads who got us up their chances, and also add to the squad players that we faced last season and thought, they could play at a higher level. Players like sako, perkins, the blackburn left winger whos name escapes me, charlie austin, and others of a similar ilk. Nobody on stupid money, but all players that combined, would give us a very good championship squad were we to come straight back down.

I dont buy into the thought that high waged players like charlie adam give you a better squad, but rather than a strong team spirit is worth far more in the long run.

Also off topic, but palace fans were all amazing today, totally the 12th man. I love you all, especially the girl who winked at me at st pancras :love:

Who else would you like to see ollie sign from the championship, and do you think we could do the impossible and stay up with this strategy?

Corporal Jones 27-05-2013 11:32 PM

Matt Phillips of Blackpool.

David of Kent 27-05-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corporal Jones

His brother Kevin isn't bad

foxinthebox 27-05-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corporal Jones

Hmm. Suggested him a couple seasons back. Hasn't really come on for me.
I'd prefer us to try test blackpools resolve and go 5-7m for ince. Holloway link.

Agree with OP though. Defo go this route. There's great talent in there.

Seaside Eagle 27-05-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David of Kent
His dad Kevin isn't bad

FTFY* ;)

This is so massive for our club. Still can't believe it.

KP'S Nuts 27-05-2013 11:41 PM

Boyce from wigan in a central deffence role.

davemorris04 27-05-2013 11:43 PM

Let's get Ben Watson back for a start.

And Moses.

And Boyce.

And Routledge.

And AJ.

mb23 27-05-2013 11:45 PM

Ones that I think could be likely:
Matt Phillips
Aaron Cresswell
Albert Adomah
Simeon Jackson
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

Extra ones who I think we should go for but I think may be a bit out of our reach:
Charlie Austin
Ben Watson
Tom Ince

foxinthebox 27-05-2013 11:47 PM

Watson would be gettable but I wouldn't want him, no way.

elgin eagle 27-05-2013 11:47 PM

Whos the polish guy at forest? He always impresses me.

onetwobang 27-05-2013 11:47 PM

Match Programme

Can anyone tell me who the two people are on the front cover of todays programme? This has to be the worst designed front cover of all time!

Gosling 27-05-2013 11:48 PM

Ben Watson would be awesome alongside Jedi.

foxinthebox 27-05-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle
Whos the polish guy at forest? He always impresses me.

Majewski , bit injury prone n weak. Great technical ability though

foxinthebox 27-05-2013 11:52 PM

Harry forrester, brentford.

elgin eagle 27-05-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxinthebox
Majewski , bit injury prone n weak. Great technical ability though

Thats him, got a good shot on him though. Sounds a bit garvanesque. Anyone from brighton we should steal? Just to wind them up more than anything :)

foxinthebox 27-05-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle
Thats him, got a good shot on him though. Sounds a bit garvanesque. Anyone from brighton we should steal? Just to wind them up more than anything :)

Not for our system, bridcutt is good but that's jedis job. He is a a better passer though.
Bridge would be an improvement but its wages. Money/parr will need replacing in the prem. Ward I have zero worries about

Kuqi32 27-05-2013 11:59 PM

I'd like to see us go for Luke Murphy (Crewe)

Yankeagle 28-05-2013 12:05 AM

Adiene Guedioura, Matt Phillips, Michail Antonio, Curtis Davies, some foreign striker and we're set.

Speroni

Ward....Davies....Delaney....Parr

Jedinak....Guedioura

Phillips....Williams....Bolasie

Some lump

Subs: Price, Gabbidon, Moxey, Dikgacoi, Moritz, Antonio, Phillips

Ard 28-05-2013 12:09 AM

Simeon Jackson, Charlie Austin, Liam Bridcutt, Vydra, Matt Phillips, Adomah, and Watfords right back today! The number 21-get him on loan! (And play him on the left)

Ard 28-05-2013 12:09 AM

Simeon Jackson, Charlie Austin, Liam Bridcutt, Vydra, Matt Phillips, Adomah, and Watfords right back today! The number 21-get him on loan! (And play him on the left)