CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   More cyclist scum (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=137604)

Dave 08-08-2006 08:54 AM

More cyclist scum

I was just walking across Clerkenwell on a green light when I see a 30 something woman come hurtling towards me through a red light on one of those retro style bikes. My brain was doing the computations on if a clothesline or standard punch would be the most effective way of expressing my displeasure when I notice she has a toddler in a baby seat attatched to the rear of the bike.

Madness.

Something has to be done about cyclists in central London.

west country boy 08-08-2006 08:56 AM

Gas them like badgers.

Pidster 08-08-2006 08:56 AM

yes...and....?

did you go for the clothes line or standard punch?

pete eagle 08-08-2006 08:57 AM

Clothesline then a quick grab of the child out of the seat to prevent it being hurt.

Melfort Eagle 08-08-2006 08:58 AM

What gives cyclists the right to pass a red signal is beyond me.
It makes me sooo angry. Many dont wear a helmet, they hold up traffic because there isnt space to overtake and they are sooo slow.

:veryangry :veryangry

calne eagle 08-08-2006 08:58 AM

As a cyclist, I get very angry with twat red-light-ignoring cyclists, who give the rest of us a bad name. In the same way that responsible dog owners get upset with idiots who let their dogs shit everywhere without picking it up.

Spot fines, for a start.

Ruskin Old Boy 08-08-2006 08:58 AM

It's the two wheels good, 4 wheels bad syndrome; perfectly OK for cyclists to ignore red lights but no-one else.

nathe 08-08-2006 08:59 AM

Shoot them

Melfort Eagle 08-08-2006 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by calne eagle

Spot fines, for a start.

They cant, unless they either have someone monitering at each signal, or each bike registered and have an Id plate at the back.

Steve M 08-08-2006 09:01 AM

Riding through a red light is bad and I hate it as it gives the rest of us a bad name, however generally (though not in this case) at least the idiot cyclist is only likely to kill themselves. In my experience more and more motorists are not stopping for red lights at pedestrian crossings which is far worse, as is driving at 35/40 in a 30 zone.

Nelson Muntz 08-08-2006 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ruskin Old Boy
It's the two wheels good, 4 wheels bad syndrome; perfectly OK for cyclists to ignore red lights but no-one else.
Didn't a BBS'er cyclist get nicked recently for running a red light? He must have been bloody unlucky.

Ondwagn 08-08-2006 09:05 AM

Couple of days ago I was crossing the railway bridge near home which has a narrow footpath. I had my headphones in and was happily singing to myself when I was suddenly pushed into the road from behind. Luckily nothing was coming and I looked to see what had caused it. It was a woman in her 60's on a bike. When I asked her what she was playing at she said that I hadnt taken any notice of her bell and it was my fault because I had headphones in and should be more aware. She then rode on along the path,over the pedetrian lights on red and nearly hit a couple and their kid on the path further down the road.

Pinkie Brown 08-08-2006 09:06 AM

I hate most of the cyclists in central london, think they are beyond the law. Riding on pavements, wrong way up one-way roads, through red lights. Make them have registration plates and get insurance!

Dave 08-08-2006 09:08 AM

Quote:

Clothesline then a quick grab of the child out of the seat to prevent it being hurt.
I'm good but I'm not sure I'm that good.

Te Pouakai 08-08-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve M
Riding through a red light is bad and I hate it as it gives the rest of us a bad name, however generally (though not in this case) at least the idiot cyclist is only likely to kill themselves. In my experience more and more motorists are not stopping for red lights at pedestrian crossings which is far worse, as is driving at 35/40 in a 30 zone.
It's an age old problem. There's never a policeman in the right place at the right time to enforce that type of traffic offence.

Just like cyclists ignoring red traffic lights (including turning left), the same applies to the f*cking idiots in this world who think they are in proper control of their vehicle whilst using a mobile phone hand-held. They aren't. A mandatory 28-day suspension of their licence would be a good deterrent if caught, then see what your insurance premium ratchets up to upon renewal.

:bash: :bash:

WHAT'S UP! 08-08-2006 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ondwagn
Couple of days ago I was crossing the railway bridge near home which has a narrow footpath. I had my headphones in and was happily singing to myself when I was suddenly pushed into the road from behind. Luckily nothing was coming and I looked to see what had caused it. It was a woman in her 60's on a bike. When I asked her what she was playing at she said that I hadnt taken any notice of her bell and it was my fault because I had headphones in and should be more aware. She then rode on along the path,over the pedetrian lights on red and nearly hit a couple and their kid on the path further down the road.

LOL - I know I shouldn't, but this post just made me chuckle, hope you wasn't too hurt after being hurled into the road by a granny on her bike!

calne eagle 08-08-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melfort Eagle
They cant, unless they either have someone monitering at each signal, or each bike registered and have an Id plate at the back.
I realise that - that's why options must be considered.

Micky Droy 08-08-2006 09:10 AM

Bury them in a pain amplifier. :veryangry

calne eagle 08-08-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ondwagn
Couple of days ago I was crossing the railway bridge near home which has a narrow footpath. I had my headphones in and was happily singing to myself when I was suddenly pushed into the road from behind.
She must have heard just enough to realise that you were listening to Phil Collins.

nathe 08-08-2006 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by calne eagle
I realise that - that's why options must be considered.
Death Penalty?