CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   World of Sport (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=221984)

Swanny32 27-07-2011 02:12 PM

BBS NFL Fantasy Keeper League

Ardeo and myself are planning on setting this up to run AS WELL AS Ben's fantasy league. Now the lockout is over it's time to find out if we have enough people interested. I don't know the entire format yet but all will be revealed soon enough, providing we get enough people. The perfect number would be 12 but can run with 10 if needs be.

If you haven't played NFL Fantasy Football this probably isn't the best way to start as it's a little bit more in depth and requires a bit more knowledge than standard fantasy football as you'll be required to keep players on and also know a little bit about players coming out of College football for the following seasons draft.

Anyway, who's in??

Managers
Philly Spread Eagles - Swanny32 - Chris
Stamford Sloths - Selhurst Cookie - Louis
KP Ducks - KP8 - Kevin
Sicamous Super Inuits - Oz_da_II - Greg
Hulk's Carpy TD's - Bellyman - Phil
Blues Boys - Blues Boy - Dave
Romosexual Tendencies - Jazman - Jason
Gylfi Pleasures - Funk Butter - Christopher
Revis Island - pauldrulez - Paul
The Chip Kelly Revolution - Ardeo - Tom
Ron Mexico's Kennel - SteveyHawking - Sean
Solpadeine Soluables - Solpadeine - Ben

Rules rules rules!

Starting line up: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, LB, DB, DL, Bench: 7 places, 2 IRs

Did consider 2 QBs because although there are enough QBs to go around if we play 2 each, does muck the team feel around and also means that once bye weeks kick in someone with no decent QBs will most likely get crushed by someone with 2 good ones, everything else being pretty irrelevant, also means we don’t have to change points for a td. Also what we are used to in the other league offensively. IDPs is slightly different as you have to pick one from each, makes it a little more interesting rather than all competing over LBs and also helps reflect the nature of an NFL team slightly more (we once considered doing a full IDP as well but thought that would be a little crazy!).

Points: TDs – 6 points, Passing yards – 25 per point, rushing and receiving yards – 10 per point, interceptions - -3, pretty standard after that, except from: added return yards 25 per point, interceptions made are 4 points and blocked kicks are 10, and tackle assists are 0.5.

If people want further details of scoring should be available on the website, I added kick return yards as they can make a bit of a difference to some lowly wideouts and add a minor extra thing to think about. Interceptions seem a bit undervalued as they are normally valued the same as a sack despite happening much less often. Also helps keep DBs worthwhile as they would otherwise be falling behind the tacklers. Blocked kicks are awesome and rarely happen so should be well rewarded. Tackle assists go on real stats any as half so makes sense to me fantasy wise they should count the same. Although does bump up those tacklers a fair bit, not beyond offensive players but maybe beyond DBs again.

Number of keepers: 4 (+1 Rookie)

This is half of the starting offence (qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, te, flex), so will allow people to keep half of their team which is pretty consistent, can also have a rookie keeper as Oz suggested, rookie could be picked up late on in the season as they start to see game time I think. I think it provides consistency in teams which is the aim while still allowing for reasonably major changes. Likelihood that people may umm and arr about the value of keeping their 4th player sometimes depending on the depth of free agency.

Cost of keepers: You lose the round before they were picked, i.e. 2nd rounders are worth a 1st round draft. This will put a bit more value on your keepers so you don’t just hold onto average players. Also means that all 1st round draft picks will be released, ensuring there is at least some decent talent available for those that struggled the year before. The minimum loss will be a 10th round pick which will apply to anyone drafted from 11th round onwards or undrafted players.

Length of keepers: I think this should be unrestricted, as by losing a round every year it’s only the late round picks or free agents that you will really be able to keep for a long time and in a way that justifies their selection. Although it is possible it could result in some power houses, possibly. May have to revisit it.

Waivers: I changed to 3 days and from the first match of the week until Tuesday as there will be more Thursday night games this year, and it’s unfair on those doing rubbish if they aren’t about Friday morning to pick up break out people, also gives them a bit more time the following week if they are busy with real life. Last position gets first pick on waivers but once they have their player they will go to the back of the line until the following week.

Draft: Will be 14 starting players and 7 on the bench so 21 rounds – EEEEk! So that’s 252 picks!!! I’ll do the draft order tonight or tomorrow so people can start planning over the weekend for a Monday start. It will be done by email so will take a while, if anyone is going away for a while and won’t be able to pick, they can either send me or Chris a few names or leave it up to us to pick someone decent for them (probably me as I’m awesome(ish)). Although we have an odd number of rounds, we'll just stick with the draft order for the last, because its unlikely the 21st player we all select is going to make much difference and its an added bonus for getting an early draft. For future season the draft will be done strictly last to first and not a serpentine method.

Any comments are welcome but may be disregarded

oz_da II 27-07-2011 02:21 PM

I'm keen. :p

davematt 27-07-2011 02:23 PM

Why not; count me in Swanny.

Swanny32 27-07-2011 02:24 PM

Good to have you on board Oz and Dave

pauldrulez 27-07-2011 02:24 PM

:hi:

pauldrulez 27-07-2011 02:25 PM

How about making it an auction league as well :p

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-07-2011 02:27 PM

Never done a keeper league, quick run down of the rules please, how many of your players do you keep?

pauldrulez 27-07-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE
Never done a keeper league, quick run down of the rules please, how many of your players do you keep?

Any amount from 2 to 5. I think 4 is a good number. If played properly, in 2012, you would then lose that draft pick. So, say you wanted to keep Arian Foster, Andre Johnson and say Rashad Jennings for some reason. In the 2012 draft, you'd lose your 1st, 2nd and maybe 11th round picks.

BLUE BOY 27-07-2011 02:32 PM

Yes please.........How will the draft be done?

Swanny32 27-07-2011 02:37 PM

I think the email draft works really well, the problem is coordinating everyone for a live draft.

Swanny32 27-07-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
How about making it an auction league as well :p

Food for thought, like the sound of it

pauldrulez 27-07-2011 02:39 PM

If it's an Auction league, would have to be live and online.

If it's email, it'll have to run different to the other league or we'll be confuzzled.

Swanny32 27-07-2011 02:41 PM

I think we'll keep it standard keeper league in that case. Getting everyone together for an online draft is a pain in the arse

LLCOOLSTEVE 27-07-2011 02:45 PM

hmmm possibly

Swanny32 27-07-2011 02:46 PM

It's a little more complicated than standard leagues but should be a lot more enjoyable with lots of trading, you can also trade draft picks for next year.

Swanny32 27-07-2011 07:41 PM

Off to a quick start with 6, minimum required 4 more, would like another 6. get involved people.

Funk Butter 27-07-2011 08:06 PM

What the hell, how many FFL threads are there? And where dost I sign up.

Funk Butter 27-07-2011 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez
If it's an Auction league, would have to be live and online.

If it's email, it'll have to run different to the other league or we'll be confuzzled.

I'll bid $2 for Aaron Rodgers.

Funk Butter 27-07-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk Butter
I'll bid $2 for Aaron Rodgers.

Going once, going twice, SOLD!

AddiscombeEagle 27-07-2011 08:28 PM

I am in as long as it is running alongside Bens one.

Love fantasy NFL