CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: Will Sakho injury affect what we spend (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=273169)

exiledeagle 14-12-2017 01:49 PM

Will Sakho injury affect what we spend

With the injury to Sakho and with Tomkins/Dann regularly picking up knocks,strains , do you think this will affect the amount we could spend on targets in January .
Personally I thought we needed a keeper , striker ( not a target man ) and decent cover for Zaha / Townsend . Now I feel we need a decent centre back as we could be relying on Kelly and Delaney . Not sure we will have sufficient budget to cover 4 players - even if we were lucky enough to get clubs to release decent players .

El Aguila 14-12-2017 01:52 PM

We've got enough centre backs. We need to concentrate on the positions where we have gaipng holes even when everyone's fit (if that ever happened).

Gregz41 14-12-2017 01:53 PM

We will not be buying a defender in January.

Sakho, Tomkins, Dann, Kelly, Fosu-Mensah, Ward, Delaney and Riedewald can all play CB.

M_CPFC 14-12-2017 01:59 PM

Doubt we'll buy a defender in January - But we may send Fosu Mensah back to Man U to loan a striker.

4 cryingOutloud 14-12-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregz41 (Post 13993742)

Sakho, Tomkins, Dann, Kelly, Fosu-Mensah, Ward, Delaney and Riedewald can all play CB.

So can Speroni, but not very effectively I would imagine. :D

Kidofwonder 14-12-2017 04:03 PM

I'd imagine we might look to send back TFM (especially as he is injured) and pick up a cover CB on loan.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 14-12-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 13993739)
We've got enough centre backs. We need to concentrate on the positions where we have gaipng holes even when everyone's fit (if that ever happened).

I think I agree but it may depend how bad that injury is and if TFM is staying (andthe extent of his injury). If he goes back it would leave us with very injury prone Tomkins, a bit injury prone Dann, Kelly, Delaney who is not good enough and recovering from an operation and Riedewald who was utterly appalling in his only game at centre back.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 14-12-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidofwonder (Post 13993885)
I'd imagine we might look to send back TFM (especially as he is injured) and pick up a cover CB on loan.

Quite possible if TFM is out for a while. Otherwise maybe we keep him.

Sleeping Giant 14-12-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Aguila (Post 13993739)
We've got enough centre backs.).

That is what Roy said before. Ofcourse it is rubbish as it is the quality that is important not the quantity. We need to find a clever CB signing, maybe from a lower division, just like we need to do similar to cover the Wilf/AT injury scenario and bring in a Bolasie type. Someone everyone else will overlook because of no end product (yet) but someone with pace and a technical ability to keep the ball a bit and get everyone else up the pitch. We don't need to be dead if Wilf is out but we do need a tricky winger as cover so we at least keep balance.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 14-12-2017 04:39 PM

Quote:

Injured for a significant time, very injury prone, quite injury prone, not very good, injured (unsure of length of absence/ might be sent back), injured (but not for long), injured - recovering from surgery and nowhere near good enough, was utterly abysmal in his only performance at centre back.

So, while I suspect we won't get a centre back, It isn't impossible either.

hedge end eagle 14-12-2017 04:45 PM

If we do want a centre back, then we should definitely go for aden flint, good signing for the future then

Harry Bassett 14-12-2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

You have know way of knowing if your statement is true.

Goalkeeper is a defender and we will have one of those.

Same as last winter, we still need a left back.