CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: Tammy Abraham (Summer 2017) (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=270134)

AddoWolz 08-04-2017 05:28 PM

Tammy Abraham (Summer 2017)

Another 2 goals today for the goalscoring sensation Tammy Abraham , brings his total to 24 league goals in 35 games , pretty good for a 19 year old , if he can't break into the Chelsea side then we should try and get him into ours , South London lad that scores goals , love to see him in a Palace shirt .

DARZET EAGLE 08-04-2017 07:13 PM

I hope that Chelsea don't 'shelf stack' him like the other 30 young players they have out on loan. He would be a great addition with youthful no fear and a terrific eye for goal.

aj4england 11-04-2017 10:19 AM

Offer 10m and get him. Worst comes to worst, ends up going on loan to the championship again and we get our money back. If we go down, we have a young hungry forward.

CharlieCPFC 11-04-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aj4england (Post 13570836)
Offer 10m and get him. Worst comes to worst, ends up going on loan to the championship again and we get our money back. If we go down, we have a young hungry forward.

We do need more competition and younger at that too. He'd be a good addition to the squad. His all round game is very good.

AddoWolz 17-04-2017 02:23 PM

Tam knocks in number 25 , pull out all the stops to get this lad .

regal_eagle 17-04-2017 02:41 PM

Nathan Ake must be well chuffed with all the game time and coverage he's getting at Chelsea! http://www.101greatgoals.com/101ggvi...ed-game-video/
Cheeky finish by Tammy today against Blackburn & would probably fit in well here. Definitely worth more than just a look.

mb23 18-04-2017 11:59 AM

Would only want him permanently. Don't want anymore loans, particularly from Chelsea.

CP-RJW 18-04-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb23 (Post 13581154)
Would only want him permanently. Don't want anymore loans, particularly from Chelsea.

There's no chance of us getting him permanently unless we're really desperate to pay silly money for a backup striker.

DARZET EAGLE 18-04-2017 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CP-RJW (Post 13581159)
There's no chance of us getting him permanently unless we're really desperate to pay silly money for a backup striker.

It would be a decent gamble, he has proved that he know's where the goal is.

rainbow_child 18-04-2017 02:29 PM

Realistic transfer value...?!

4 cryingOutloud 18-04-2017 03:31 PM

I remember us paying a stupid amount of money in the day for a goalkeeper who was said to be the next Gordon Banks. That didn't work out to well and he's now at Macclesfield Town. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Flinders

I'm sure Sam has his ideas of what is needed.

ForzaPalace 18-04-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud (Post 13581539)
I remember us paying a stupid amount of money in the day for a goalkeeper who was said to be the next Gordon Banks. That didn't work out to well and he's now at Macclesfield Town. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Flinders

I'm sure Sam has his ideas of what is needed.

Scored for Hartlepool though

orp pisshead1 18-04-2017 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir.S.C Remembered (Post 13495096)
In a wee bit of trouble off the field no? Or was that someone else.

I'm all for this type of signing but before they go to Chelsea ideally. As Chelsea will demand 10m for him now! Madness that Chelsea are allowed to do what they do re: loans etc

What's he done( allegedly )off the pitch ?. He's a decent prospect.

Selhurst Celtic 18-04-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 (Post 13581620)
What's he done( allegedly )off the pitch ?. He's a decent prospect.

He's black, 6ft4 and from Camberwell.

The poster in question has form for his opinion on black people. What it certainly won't involve is such heinous crimes like bombing, heavy petting, running etc in the swimming pool.

Kirby 18-04-2017 04:47 PM

Reckon he'll end up at Br*ghton.

mushroom 18-04-2017 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirby (Post 13581684)
Reckon he'll end up at Br*ghton.

No way... Br*ghton will be shopping at Lidl this summer. Relegation certs... They have 1 player that is maybe prem standard (Knockhart). Their team is piss poor... shitty keeper, rapey centre backs, a old striker, they're gonna struggle bigtime. I am gald they've come up... as we get 6 points and 9 months of laughing at them.

Nigelbrag 18-04-2017 05:50 PM

Firstly, would Chelsea sell him? and at what price, knowing his value will only increase over the next couple of seasons also when he would possibly be ready to step up for them. Secondly, is he ready for the premiership now? as that is what we will require, it's fine doing the business in the championship for a lowly team like Bristol City, but very different to what will be expected in the premiership.
Personally i feel we need an instant fix, and the player to give us that alongside Benteke is Jermain Defoe with Wickham in reserve along with a cheap promising up and coming star like Zac Clough.
Tammy Abraham is an excellent prospect? but too expensive and risky a gamble for a club like Palace to take.

CP-RJW 18-04-2017 06:05 PM

Think the difference between Abraham and other young strikers who were prolific in the championship (eg Bamford) is that this lad has the pace, strength and height to deal with premier league defenders. I'd expect him to make the step up at some point (within the next couple of years,) but Chelsea would demand silly money for a permanent deal, which we can't afford to spend on a backup striker. Therefore it's a loan or nothing.

CharlieCPFC 18-04-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigelbrag (Post 13581775)
Firstly, would Chelsea sell him? and at what price, knowing his value will only increase over the next couple of seasons also when he would possibly be ready to step up for them. Secondly, is he ready for the premiership now? as that is what we will require, it's fine doing the business in the championship for a lowly team like Bristol City, but very different to what will be expected in the premiership.
Personally i feel we need an instant fix, and the player to give us that alongside Benteke is Jermain Defoe with Wickham in reserve along with a cheap promising up and coming star like Zac Clough.
Tammy Abraham is an excellent prospect? but too expensive and risky a gamble for a club like Palace to take.

Don't be surprised if we go in for Andy Carroll this summer....

Jim Cannon 18-04-2017 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroom (Post 13581718)
No way... Br*ghton will be shopping at Lidl this summer. Relegation certs... They have 1 player that is maybe prem standard (Knockhart). Their team is piss poor... shitty keeper, rapey centre backs, a old striker, they're gonna struggle bigtime. I am gald they've come up... as we get 6 points and 9 months of laughing at them.

Ha. Brighton will be splashing out big time this summer with Prem money plus Uncle Tones deep pockets too. However it will depend on who they can get to sign for them that will be the problem