CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: Jan Window (http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=272207)

Jim Cannon 24-09-2017 07:57 PM

Jan Window

So come the 31st when we are scrabbling around, with only one overseas loan space available, any other signings will have to be permanent. No one is going to fancy it are they

SJ'sLoveMonkey 24-09-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13865024)
So come the 31st when we are scrabbling around, with only one overseas loan space available, any other signings will have to be permanent. No one is going to fancy it are they

You wouldn’t think so

WLYWLYAWYPWF 24-09-2017 08:08 PM

Is he Dutch?

elgin eagle 24-09-2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF (Post 13865047)
Is he Dutch?

:D

Jan Van der Vindow?

Enfield eagle 25-09-2017 05:21 AM

Danish?

gold76 25-09-2017 06:51 AM

I'm not being defeatist or negative, but if we are adrift, I'd expect pragmatism from Roy, perhaps a few senior pro's who would be capable of doing a job in the championship next season.

Ala Dowie and Houghton, if you go back that far, experienced, dependable, won't let you down.

As for who, I wouldn't mind Murray back, yes I'm a nostalgic bugger, hey I wouldn't say no to a last hurrah for Crouchie, an old war horse, who can still do a job at 37

Most will scoff, but the best signing value for money wise in recent times was old KP, bit of nous, didn't cost a bean and took us to the promised land.

I'd have loved us to have taken record breaker Gareth Barry in the summer, sometimes you can't put a price on experience

Chillo 25-09-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elgin eagle (Post 13865108)
:D

Jan Clos der Vindow?

EFA

Nigelbrag 25-09-2017 11:12 AM

As for the January window so much will be dependant on where we sit come the start of the new year, if we are seemingly in a hopeless position then planning will have to be based for life in the championship, as planning needs to start asap.
However, we all hope that we can survive, but we need to be realistic as it is looking like a hopeless situation especially if we were to lose our next 3/4 games, all of this is the consequences of poor leadership, but that is another story.
Make no mistake relegation will be financially disastrous for the club, as i just can't see Palace returning for many many seasons as it will be a completely rebuilding job needed as there are NO Youth players of note to fall back on due mainly to our complacency over our Youth development policy. We will need to hold on to a hardcore of some of our experienced players like Ward, Dann, McArthur along with a few others to give us a base to work from, then look at decent quality young Championship and Foreign players as Huddersfield did to bring in, if we are to succeed.
Whether we fans like it or not as it may be seen as throwing in the towel, but we will need to reduce our wage bill with players like Benteke, Townsend and even Zaha initially will need to be sold, but also so as to get the best fees whilst still a premiership club.
What a shambolic position to be in with NO legacy to show after FOUR seasons of Premiership money along with American investment money. No new Stadium or Stands, Youth development or facilities of note, a squad of players apart from Zaha and possibly Benteke? after 4 years spending with no true added value in the players does not bode well.
As i said lets hope we can pull off an unexpected feat and survive.

BillyTKid 25-09-2017 11:32 AM

Need to get a striker with a good goal scoring record outside of the premier league, aged under 28. Somebody that has the potential to score goals in the premier league but will be well positioned to score goals in the champ if we go down. Oh and his name can't be Dwight Gayle.

gold76 06-10-2017 08:47 AM

brief snippet in the adder saying we're looking at Lookman..

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/s...ttenham-585395

elgin eagle 06-10-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 13883319)

Hope so.

CharlieCPFC 06-10-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold76 (Post 13883319)

We should have made this happen before Everton signed him. Would make sense, a youngster who will develop with regular football but also a top player to help if the worse happens and we went down.

Pinkie Brown 06-10-2017 09:54 AM

If there is hope it has to be two strikers and a first choice keeper minimum.
If we are cut adrift I'm afraid we need to jettison our top earners asap and plan for Championship :(

andyocpfc 06-10-2017 09:59 AM

Experienced striker
Young striker.
Decent keeper

January sales please.

ANDYEAGLE 06-10-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkie Brown (Post 13883401)
If there is hope it has to be two strikers and a first choice keeper minimum.
If we are cut adrift I'm afraid we need to jettison our top earners asap and plan for Championship :(

Yes our transfer activity in January will very much depend on our league position. Hopefully after Chelsea is out of the way we can start putting some points on the board to give us a chance in January.

glaziers fan 06-10-2017 12:29 PM

Lookman is exactly the sort of player we should go for in the window.

averity 06-10-2017 12:44 PM

Zohore from Cardiff, international and young! Those are the sort of players we should be looking for, would be good signings regardless of the league we are in! The situation we are in at the minute I would be doing some dodgy dealings! Find a player in a low league pay the club to terminate his contract and then sign him up! I know it's not the way things should be done but every other ****** in the league bend the rules and we just stick straight as possible!! Desperate times mean desperate measures ;)

Adlerhorst 06-10-2017 01:58 PM

Jan Window sounds Dutch and I thought the let’s sign him if he is Dutch thing stopped when we sacked the farmer.

EldraththeSane 06-10-2017 02:39 PM

Players will come, any Championship player not in a promotion chasing side would be able to pick up a nice contract and still have a chance of being in the Prem next season

ForzaPalace 06-10-2017 02:49 PM

We won't be signing anyone. No player in their right mind would want to come to Palace at the moment. Don't get your hopes up.