CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Palace Discussion (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Wayne Hennessey (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=258090)

pauldrulez 21-02-2015 07:25 PM

Wayne Hennessey

Time to see what we have in Hennessey as a Keeper, see if he has enough to play in the PL and whether we need to buy one this summer or not.

Speroni isn't good enough anymore, and his reflex "saves" seem to cause more goals than they save.

cockles 21-02-2015 07:42 PM

Pretty outrageous Hennessey didn't get a chance for last weekend. Even more so that he didn't get one after Speroni's performance last weekend. I won't hold my breath on when he will get a chance.

switchboard 21-02-2015 07:44 PM

Obviously a reason he wasn't chosen for the cup game which suggests he isn't any better of an option.

Latvian Eagle 21-02-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 12255105)
Obviously a reason he wasn't chosen for the cup game which suggests he isn't any better of an option.

I think Pards went with a stronger line up for some reason. It's a bit like when Price played all of the League Cup the other year including playing well at Old Trafford, I thought it was a bit out of order Dougie replaced him with Jules for the Cardiff semis to be honest.

cockles 21-02-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by switchboard (Post 12255105)

Pretty expensive poor signing if so. Can't imagine another Prem 2nd string keeper who wouldn't have been given the nod by now.

switchboard 21-02-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockles (Post 12255144)
Pretty expensive poor signing if so. Can't imagine another Prem 2nd string keeper who wouldn't have been given the nod by now.

Pulis/Millen/Warnock/Pardew have all chosen Speroni. I except neither to be here next year unless Jules stays as number 2.

danpalace07 21-02-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 12255028)
Time to see what we have in Hennessey as a Keeper, see if he has enough to play in the PL and whether we need to buy one this summer or not.

Speroni isn't good enough anymore, and his reflex "saves" seem to cause more goals than they save.

Agreed, another poor mistake for their 2nd. Kicking was as bad as usual. Everyone around me was saying it as well.

How bad could Hennessey be?

HIPEMENT 21-02-2015 08:22 PM

I think calling it a mistake by speroni for the 2nd goal is a little harsh however if he was to be dropped then i would put it down to his shit distribution.

ob13 21-02-2015 08:25 PM

what little i have seen of Hennessey he hasn't inspired confidence often seeming to juggle the ball but maybe he would get better if he got a bit of a run? i think Speroni has been at fault for a few goals lately but i expect super al is in a better position to judge the 2 of them than me and hasnt been here long enough to be blinded by loyalty to any particular players so happy to trust his judgement.Dont want to get too many splinters up my arse so will say i think in the summer we do need to spend on a really good number 1 as sadly i dont think either are good enough!

Latvian Eagle 21-02-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ob13 (Post 12255260)
what little i have seen of Hennessey he hasn't inspired confidence often seeming to juggle the ball but maybe he would get better if he got a bit of a run? i think Speroni has been at fault for a few goals lately but i expect super al is in a better position to judge the 2 of them than me and hasnt been here long enough to be blinded by loyalty to any particular players so happy to trust his judgement.Dont want to get too many splinters up my arse so will say i think in the summer we do need to spend on a really good number 1 as sadly i dont think either are good enough!

Exactly what I said about Southampton signing Fraser Forster. For me he is the reason they are doing so well this season, and for me Speroni needs to move aside. If Wayne isn't the answer then we certainly need to find someone for next season.

Braintree Eagle 21-02-2015 08:44 PM

I am at the end of my tether with Speroni. He is costing us every single game he pulls his gloves on. Surely Pardew can now see this? If Hennessy isn't the answer then we have seriously screwed up in January by not addressing the goalkeeping position.

Thanks for the service Julian but the next time you pull your goalkeeping shirt on at Selhurst should be your testimonial game vs Dundee and not before.

Timbo 21-02-2015 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle (Post 12255269)
Exactly what I said about Southampton signing Fraser Forster. For me he is the reason they are doing so well this season, and for me Speroni needs to move aside. If Wayne isn't the answer then we certainly need to find someone for next season.

Forster makes a lot of mistakes. Bad example

Nelson Muntz 21-02-2015 08:49 PM

Fashionable to knock Jools these days.

Kidofwonder 21-02-2015 08:49 PM

I dont think either of them are up to it

Braintree Eagle 21-02-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson Muntz (Post 12255339)
Fashionable to knock Jools these days.

No it isn't. Just people being honest. I really can't remember another Palace player who retains such blind loyalty from the support despite such poor performances over such a long period.

st albans 21-02-2015 08:53 PM

Definitely think he cost us the Lukaku goal and again today

Gathers54 21-02-2015 08:56 PM

I kinda expect us to be looking for a new keeper come the summer. Time will tell i guess..

Latvian Eagle 21-02-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo (Post 12255337)
Forster makes a lot of mistakes. Bad example

Lol really? Name me some then.

You really are an absolute tool. Too much reefa me thinks.

CheeseRolls 21-02-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldrulez (Post 12255028)

Absolutely agree. Sadly his performances are deteriorating week on week.

wavey 21-02-2015 09:07 PM

Not sure who would be the better shot stopper, but from the little I have seen, Hennessy's kicking is vastly better.