CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Official: Mama Sakho is back! (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=270516)

dilem 15-05-2017 07:56 PM

Mama Sakho is back!

Liverpool will let Mamadou Sakho leave this summer for £30m

https://www.theguardian.com/football...y_to_clipboard

This one will drag on for quite a while i think.

Thefunkymonk 15-05-2017 07:57 PM

£30m my arse. They are chancing their arm. Everybody knows he has no future at Liverpool so they aren't in a strong bargaining position. £20m plus add ins will do it imo

dilem 15-05-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13631362)
£30m my arse. They are chancing their arm. Everybody knows he has no future at Liverpool so they aren't in a strong bargaining position. £20m plus add ins will do it imo

Benteke had no future either. Still ended up 30Mill.

Thefunkymonk 15-05-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilem (Post 13631366)
Benteke had no future either. Still ended up 30Mill.

Benteke wasn't banished to reserves having fallen out with the manager

passion4palace 15-05-2017 08:07 PM

Prices for all players have gone up since the inflated Sky deal kicked in and he's likely to go for something in the £30m bracket, particularly due to his form since he came to us on loan.

We have an advantage in knowing he works well within our team - for others it would be slightly more of a risk.

Signing at or near £30m would not be a bad deal for us.

Seth 15-05-2017 08:11 PM

£30m is their opener. Like Benteke, if all parties want it to happen, it will happen for less.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 15-05-2017 08:19 PM

Would love it to happen but at some point we may decide we can get better value elsewhere. We will need to strengthen after areas of the team.

I do wonder if Kone has any kind of relegation release clause in his deal.

The problem if this drags on is of course that we may miss out on other good alternative targets.

Jono14 15-05-2017 08:32 PM

Page 100 - signs

Jim Cannon 15-05-2017 09:20 PM

Will all depend on what competition we have for his signature.

Jim Cannon 15-05-2017 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 13631403)
The problem if this drags on is of course that we may miss out on other good alternative targets.

Under previous managers I would totally agree with this, but SA has always been one for getting deals done and has a good record with transfers. He already made some good signings for us. Strikes me as someone who will have 3 or 4 decent names as options for the positions he will be looking to fill. Very confident we will have a decent window. I just hope we have finally learned the lesson of not waiting till the 31st August and risking losing early season points though.

Thefunkymonk 15-05-2017 09:23 PM

Got feeling he wants to join us.. just think Liverpool will be ***** again meaning we'll turn else where

Nth Kent Eagle 15-05-2017 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13631551)
Under previous managers I would totally agree with this, but SA has always been one for getting deals done and has a good record with transfers. He already made some good signings for us. Strikes me as someone who will have 3 or 4 decent names as options for the positions he will be looking to fill. Very confident we will have a decent window. I just hope we have finally learned the lesson of not waiting till the 31st August and risking losing early season points though.

He has enough contacts in his little black book given the number of clubs he has managed.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 15-05-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Cannon (Post 13631551)

Oh, I agree. I just mean that if we take too long trying to get Sakho but don't manage it then there is a chance that someone like Kone or other players on our radar could go elsewhere.

I have to admit that I don't think Sakho will sign. Just a hunch but I think he may ultimately be out of our price range - unless we don't fill the gaps we have elsewhere.

dasboy 15-05-2017 11:37 PM

Don't think we'll get Sakho - think bigger clubs will be interested. Sam likely to go for Kone or Deneyer from Sunderland to play alongside Dann / Tompkins.

jamescav0 15-05-2017 11:44 PM

It'll just be like Benteke, talks can start now and he'll sign early August. Probably break our transfer record but the way he reacted yesterday, it will happen

FourtyTwo 15-05-2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jono14 (Post 13631420)
Page 100 - signs

Optimistic eh!

Thefunkymonk 15-05-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamescav0 (Post 13631859)
It'll just be like Benteke, talks can start now and he'll sign early August. Probably break our transfer record but the way he reacted yesterday, it will happen

We won't break our record for him unfortunately.. not that much wonga available me thinks.

I'm nowhere near as hopeful as I was on Benteke. Think Liverpool will prove us out.. tossers.

Only hope is nobody else comes in for him and Liverpool won't have much to bargain with as he's done there and they'll want to cash in

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 16-05-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk (Post 13631869)
We won't break our record for him unfortunately.. not that much wonga available me thinks.

I'm nowhere near as hopeful as I was on Benteke. Think Liverpool will prove us out.. tossers.

Only hope is nobody else comes in for him and Liverpool won't have much to bargain with as he's done there and they'll want to cash in

I guess if no one is willing to meet their demands and Klopp still doesn't want him around then a season long loan could become possible - I wouldn't mind us paying a £5m fee, possibly a bit more, for that. Although I think Liverpool will definitely prefer to sell and raise the cash.

aj4england 16-05-2017 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dasboy (Post 13631837)
Don't think we'll get Sakho - think bigger clubs will be interested. Sam likely to go for Kone or Deneyer from Sunderland to play alongside Dann / Tompkins.

Hope not, both are awful footballers

Worksop Palace 16-05-2017 07:20 AM

Problem is, we spend £30m on one player and we will not be able to strengthen the whole squad as is required, without selling some quality players. I think Parish will back Sam but to the tune of £50m max. We will struggle to get the players we need for the remaining £20m (as sick as that sounds)

Still think Wilf may go. :(