CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit Chat (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Southern Railway bastards (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=250199)

nicky 29-01-2014 10:21 AM

Southern Railway bastards

Useless Southern, with help from Southwest, have delayed me pretty much every day this year. Can the wisdom of the bbs advise:
- is there anyway to get the real performance data of certain trains?
- what is the official connection time at clapham junction? The timetable gives me 5 minutes to change trains, but this connection doesn't show up on nationalrail.co.uk
-how about I buy monthly season tickets via credit card, then at the end of the month, ask the CC company to reclaim the paument for the railways not providing the advertised service?

Basingstoke Eagle 29-01-2014 10:46 AM

There is no connection time between two different rail operators.

Payney 29-01-2014 10:49 AM

I don't know of a website that gives performance data of train services but would also be interested.

Over the last six months I have claim for all late and cancelled services with Southern. Just makes me feel that little bit better about using the crappy trains. When I renew mt ST in May I should have £100-£120 of vouchers to put towards it. Make sure you claim, It's easy enough once you set your account up.

http://www.southernrailway.com/your-...lay-repay-form

AndyStreet 29-01-2014 10:51 AM

Over the last six months they have been generally abysmal. I've lost counts of the number of times I've got to London Bridge to see gridlock in the station over that period.

kolinkins 29-01-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyStreet (Post 11539571)
Over the last six months they have been generally abysmal. I've lost counts of the number of times I've got to London Bridge to see gridlock in the station over that period.

Yup

The worst part is the red signals which makes trains stop by the fecking New Den for 10 minutes or so.

I cannot remember the last time my train was on time (as in, on time, not within 29 minutes of its arrival time, which seems to be the southern standard)

Big-Griff 29-01-2014 11:48 AM

Thats due to lack of platform space at London Bridge is it not?.............still a piss take though

chav_hater 29-01-2014 11:53 AM

Has been a total shambles for the past 6 months or so. Pathetic really.

I am awaiting the usual suspects to come on and tell us how it isn't Southern's fault in the slightest, though.

kolinkins 29-01-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chav_hater (Post 11539829)
Has been a total shambles for the past 6 months or so. Pathetic really.

I am awaiting the usual suspects to come on and tell us how it isn't Southern's fault in the slightest, though.

I am waiting for SPF to say the subsidies should be taken away and fares doubled.

Dave 29-01-2014 12:23 PM

PM Pidster

tamlamotowner 29-01-2014 12:40 PM

I have been commuting for years on the London Bridge train.
The service is worse now than I can remember.

Tony Montana 29-01-2014 12:52 PM

Since the turn of the year, I can count how many times my train has arrived on time on one finger. It's an abysmal service. There must be a backlog with the delay replays because I'm not even receiving a response regarding those submitted last year.

kolinkins 29-01-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 11539990)
Since the turn of the year, I can count how many times my train has arrived on time on one finger. It's an abysmal service. There must be a backlog with the delay replays because I'm not even receiving a response regarding those submitted last year.

Delay Repay is another farce.

Psychokiller 29-01-2014 01:04 PM

Time the railways were renationalised IMHO.

kolinkins 29-01-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychokiller (Post 11540023)

Twice in a day I have nodded at a post of yours

chav_hater 29-01-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychokiller (Post 11540023)

Yep; have been tending towards this view for a couple of years now.

Psychokiller 29-01-2014 01:07 PM

Well, the East Coast Main Line was renationalised and returned £209m to taxpayers and by all accounts runs a half reliable service. So naturally, Cameron wants to sell it off to his mates for a pittance so they can run it into the ground :rolleyes:

civil eagle 29-01-2014 01:14 PM

Service has been awful to Victoria as well, have defended Southern in the past but since the new year it has been indefensible so far this year I've been delayed for over 7 hours

Son of Ron 29-01-2014 01:24 PM

the other day on one of my many delayed journeys I was working out, that conservatively I am delayed 5 minutes per journey (bearing in mind the service from New Eltham to London Bridge is only meant to take 15-23mins, this is +30% late).....over the course of a year that is an entire working week just sat going nowhere.....can I bill South Eastern for that time - would virtually cover the annual season ticket cost !!

Latvian Eagle 29-01-2014 01:27 PM

Slightly biased of course, but ironically the trains at London Bridge have been delayed a lot more since they closed three platforms, yet still run the same services when Platforms 14-16 were open. Coincidence?!

It doesn't just effect the public... It took me 55 minutes to get from Sutton to Selhurst on Saturday a journey which normally takes 17 minutes. :hi:

Ruskin Old Boy 29-01-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychokiller (Post 11540033)
Well, the East Coast Main Line was renationalised and returned £209m to taxpayers and by all accounts runs a half reliable service. So naturally, Cameron wants to sell it off to his mates for a pittance so they can run it into the ground :rolleyes:

And there's the rub ... one of the preferred bidders is a company run by Deutsche Bahn, the German state owned railway company.