CPFC BBS

CPFC BBS (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/index.php)
-   Transfer Hotline (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Discussion: RLC (https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=275178)

Thefunkymonk 13-05-2018 10:26 PM

RLC

Got to try and get him backs he just fits us.. and is a baller.

No doubt we will be linked all summer.. but thought I’d get it started!

alexcpfc 13-05-2018 11:09 PM

I would definitely love to see him back whether it be on loan or permanent. He is a class act who will only get better.
The link up play with PVA and Wilf is a joy to behold. He seemed to enjoy his time here as well.

Eddie McGoldrick's tash 13-05-2018 11:23 PM

Would be a wonderful, wonderful signing. Even if it was another loan I would love to have him back. Our left side with PVA, RLC and Wilf has looked excellent lately.

I fear it won't happen but if there is any chance then I hope we everything we possibly can to get him.

tamlamotowner 13-05-2018 11:45 PM

Securing the services of RLC for next season ought to be a high priority. Either for loan or permanent.

RisZero 14-05-2018 02:26 AM

I think we will be very lucky to get him back unless he loved it here so much he forces for it himself. Even then there will be plenty of others who want him and will probably pay more than us, and he might even just outright replace Bakayoko who has been shocking.

PALACEWU 14-05-2018 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RisZero (Post 14256362)
I think we will be very lucky to get him back unless he loved it here so much he forces for it himself. Even then there will be plenty of others who want him and will probably pay more than us, and he might even just outright replace Bakayoko who has been shocking.

Pay more? Fairly confident we'll pay for him if it's agreed by all, be lookng at 70k a week though....

Far East Eagle 14-05-2018 04:17 AM

New manager will surely want to have a look at him? Would be best to try and sign him before the World Cup adds 10m on his price tag

BringbackShipps 14-05-2018 07:20 AM

He is a Chelsea lad and will want to make it there, no issues with that at all but we need to work on a backup plan as I think a deal is unlikely tbh.

He is great at carrying the ball at speed and picking a pass on the counter-attack so hopefully we are putting a lot of effort in to finding a player with similar attributes. James Maddison being the one that stands out to me from what I have seen of him, also versatile enough to play through the middle. I think the opportunity of first team football here under Roy might appeal for at least a couple of years.

palace_burger 14-05-2018 08:26 AM

Yes please

BillyTKid 14-05-2018 08:48 AM

I think Chelsea would want £40m+ for him. They have sold Salah, De Bruyne and Ake too early, they won’t make that mistake again. Another 1 year loan might be possible though.

Surrey Eagle 14-05-2018 08:56 AM

He looks like he really fits in well here so I'm now more willing to meet chelsea reasonable asking price.

Malarkey 14-05-2018 09:03 AM

£27m I reckon

JAS78 14-05-2018 09:18 AM

I doubt they will let him go

Reports are the mad Russian has finally tightened the chelsea purse strings and will force managers to work with what they’ve got

GreatGonzo 14-05-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash (Post 14256209)
Would be a wonderful, wonderful signing. Even if it was another loan I would love to have him back. Our left side with PVA, RLC and Wilf has looked excellent lately.

I fear it won't happen but if there is any chance then I hope we everything we possibly can to get him.

Yeah if you like lots of possession on the wing. When those 3 are having there lovely interplay on the left - who is in the middle?

I like RLC and want to see him back, but the shape we have been playing doesn't work all the time.

hughff 14-05-2018 10:59 AM

I think another loan - might be prohibitively expensive to sign outright.

DHeagle 14-05-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14256579)
Yeah if you like lots of possession on the wing. When those 3 are having there lovely interplay on the left - who is in the middle?

I like RLC and want to see him back, but the shape we have been playing doesn't work all the time.

Typically the centre mids will be in the middle.

GreatGonzo 14-05-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHeagle (Post 14256651)
Typically the centre mids will be in the middle.

I meant in the middle of the box, you know, where most goals are scored from.

glaziers fan 14-05-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAS78 (Post 14256485)
I doubt they will let him go

Reports are the mad Russian has finally tightened the chelsea purse strings and will force managers to work with what they’ve got

If what you say (in bold) is true then i think he'd be more likely to be let go for the right money as the new manager could re-invest the funds to spend on a 'big name' player from abroad.

glaziers fan 14-05-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGonzo (Post 14256817)
I meant in the middle of the box, you know, where most goals are scored from.

What tends to happen is after Zaha has finished linking the play he lets RLC and PVA do their thing. Benteke makes a decoy run taking a couple of central defenders with him and then Zaha drives into the box and smashes it in. Rather like our first goal yesterday.

palace4me 23-05-2018 10:27 AM

Some quotes from him here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44217103