View Single Post
Old 24-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Marvellous photos, many thanks

Selhurst18 was taken from more or less where my mate Chris and I used to stand. I don't think we ever thought about standing in all weathers to watch Palace, we just did it. The Blackpool match was an interesting one as the opposition featured a youthful John Craven who signed for Palace 3 years later. Palace had played the previous day (Boxing Day) at Bramall Lane, drawing 1-1.

PS Wrote an article on the 68/69 season for Palace Echo, not used in the article was a mention of the attendance for the abandoned match, 18,887. That would suggest the photo was taken well before kick off, say about 2pm. Think the score was 1-1 when the match was abandoned. Jimmy Armfield was playing for Blackpool in those days.

Last edited by Ruskin Old Boy; 24-12-2011 at 10:15 AM.