View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 04:56 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The gap has closed considerably in the latter half of 2015. It is looking like the situation is going to be reversed if this trend continues.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Those numbers don't tell the full story. The UK's trade with the EU, in fact the world, is skewed by financial services. For pure goods the UK is a massive net importer. But add in services which is a massive net export and you get the graph in the link.
The question in my mind is how the EU (and the rest of the world) will view those financial services if the UK is outside the EU. It's a key question that I don't know the answer to.
Also interesting to note, in relation to my Nissan comment above, the UK's biggest goods export revenue generator is cars, which could all but disappear.