Thread: Wayne Hennessey
View Single Post
Old 13-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
There are many factors when rating Keepers performances, one of the important factors to bear in mind is the quality of defenders alongside, which makes a big difference.

As an example, having Chelsea and Arsenal defenders just to name Two teams, protecting the keeper certainly helps and shows, whereas in Palace's case, Speroni has seen so much chopping and changing in front of him for most of the season, i.e the swapping around of LB and RB, and still not knowing who should play at Left Back.

Apart from Dann, poor old JS has had to adapt to constant changes around him, so under those circumstances has done exceptionally well.

Finally, to put Speroni alongside Butland and Valdes who never play is confusing as to how they could be rated in the same category.

I tried to base on performances over the last 2-3 seasons - Friedel would have been right up the top in his prime, but age has understandably caught up with him. (And many of Jules' performances pre-Jan were below '4-star' calibre.)

Of course, it's all subjective and in my head rather than an exact science, so group mass debating it welcome.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI