View Single Post
Old 30-12-2017, 05:30 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I can think of one or two who have probably deserved abuse but on the whole it probably does little good, other than allowing the fans to let off steam. However, players should never argue with or abuse refs; there will only be one winner.
I think players abuse refs because there is no sanction, in reality.
Moving a free kick 10 metres further forward did not really help, but - moving a free-kick to where the player gobbed off might. Ideally the ref blows up and then stands nearer the middle of the pitch when a free kick is given out wide.
I have no grasp of the technicalities, but if the game has been stopped, infringements can still happen (dissent for example) - so move the free kick to where that happened. Or give the team the decision which of the two places to take the kick from.
For example, think about the last few seconds of the game and the ball is about to be pinged from half-way in to the mixer from a free-kick. Gobby defender gives it all the chops to the ref', he blows up and the free-kick is now on the edge of the box.

Or sin-bin for specific offences, like dissent.

(I suspect I need to get back to work, the novelty of Christmas leave is wearing off and I have done all the DIY - now doing rambling posts on here...)