View Single Post
Old 30-12-2017, 05:47 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
It is a very difficult job and one that it is impossible for a ref to get it right every time. So this should be taken into account and honest mistakes tolerated as the best one can.

However when you get Clattenburg talking about game management and his concerns about the headlines if he had sent off the three Spurs he believed he should have, then we have every right to question the basis for some of their decisions and not simply write them off as mistakes when they get it wrong.

Apparently, because I keep hearing it said, Clattenburg is a very good referee, so forgive me if I tend to get a little angry, and a tad suspicious, when I remember his performance in the FA cup final and wonder what 'game management' skills he brought to the table that required him totally ignoring the advantage rule.