View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 05:07 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cad View Post
Coach actually broke down when we got to Wrexham. After the game we waited for a replacement coach in the waiting room at Wrexham bus garage, which was just a short distance down the road from the ground. Most had drink on the bus, but at that time I was the only one who had a half bottle of whisky on me. We celebrated with that until the replacement bus turned up.

We stopped at a pub in West Bromwich on the way back.

A sad footnote is that, although we had lost touch, heard that Gerry passed away last year.
Sad to learn about Gerry passing away, I always remember him with Mary McCulloch at the time, she is sister to Adrian, a massive Palace fan that still travels to all the matches.

Remember John Lyons, but sad to hear about his death too, if I’m correct, he was still at Wrexham the following Summer (1978) when Palace, Charlton, Millwall and Wrexham all toured in Sweden pre-season (although the English and Welsh teams did not play eachother!) - it was the first time I can remember Palace wearing advertising (on the back of the shirts).

Other names that spring to mind, Mel Sutton, Arfon Griffiths, Bobby Shinton and Graham Whittle, younger brother to Alan, who had three highly memorable seasons at Palace between 1973-1976, a name older fans will never forget - ‘We Want Whittle’ still sticks in my mind, in the days when all four sides at Selhurst used to join in together!

Last edited by CP Satellite; 08-02-2018 at 05:38 PM.