View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 05:21 PM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltshire_red View Post
It was a Wednesday night and we were playing Mansfield on the Saturday and had to win, but lost 1-0. It was that 4th goal that really killed us off, as it meant we could no longer draw at home to Mansfield. The game that nightmares are made of for us Wrexham fans.
A footnote about that 4th Palace goal, before the match, as it was Palace’s last, we felt we had to have a two goal margin of victory and then rely on Wrexham not beating Mansfield in their last match - I personally had freaked out when Wrexham came back from 2-0 down to equalise at 2-2 with about 10 minutes left, I had only just turned 14 and couldn’t bring myself to watch the rest of the match, just staring disconsolately at the floor!

I only got to see those two late goals from Jeff Bourne and Rachid Harkouk over 28 years later when they were put on the Palace Centenary DVD in 2005!