View Single Post
Old 16-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I agree with SW16, and not for the first time I might add, meaning that generally she must make a lot of sense.

No doubt Southampton have been run well by Cortese, who has put the obscene amounts of money thrown at the club to good use. But in many senses, like our esteemed chums on the Sussex coast, Southampton benefitted from somewhat of a perfect storm. Large injections of cash, time to build a squad and infrastructure in a lower league, and so on. However, unlike Brighton, theirs was not an empire built on sand that we were able to ruin by shitting all over their team on the pitch.

But it's somewhat hard for me to understand why a man with seemingly little emotional attachment to the club would continue to pour cash into it even after his death, and not the slightest bit surprising that his surviving relatives, who have waited patiently for him to pop his clogs so they can snort, imbibe and debauch away his inheritance, are mightily pissed off. It'd be like one of us likecking our lips in anticipation of finally being able to finance week long mud wrestling bikini competitions between Katy Perry and Scarlett Johansson in our living rooms, only to discover that instead, the money will need to go towards the youth academy at Grasshoppers Zurich for the next twenty years. That sucks, man.