View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 10:22 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 cryingOutloud View Post
Where have you been man? I've been supporting Palace since the early 50's and it's been in transition ever since, sometimes for the good and sometimes not. We've had a builder owner, a butcher owner, a used car salesman turned property speculator, a computer geek who blew his load on re-employing Venables, an orange mobile phone fool who still thinks he has the right to poke his nose into the clubs affairs despite almost bankrupting himself, a consortium of wealthy Palace supporters who are still shareholders along with a few Americans who have joined them in pouring money into the club, wisely or otherwise depending on your point of view.

The club has flirted with administration a few times which wasn't great by any stretch of the imagination. We've steadily risen to glory and then gone tit's up on several occasions. The club has recruited players of all standards come and go, and has been managed by trusty steeds who have worked their magic, then the pretenders who in a word, haven't. We've been winners and losers, but we've always been in the mix.

Like me, you're getting older, grumpier, and very stayed in your ways. you resent change that doesn't conform to the standards you've set for yourself. it's a fact of life, but to say the club has entered into a new era with "no honour or respect just a desperate and slavish devotion to Sky and the Premier League" is utter nonsense. The club has been evolving along with everything else in life and like it or not, this is just a part of the process that's been going on since day one and will continue long after you and me have evolved into ashes and dust, so enjoy what you have while you can.
Thank you. I needed to read that. Repped.