View Single Post
Old 29-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Probationary User

Nye11 is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Those shiny new trains have fewer seats - that's confirmed by Southern on their twitter account.

They're a ******* joke; worst company I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. The majority of their staff are either useless, non existent, rude or on their phones all the time, or you can't understand a word they say.

I've just got 21.80 worth of delay repay vouchers where I was delayed for more than 2 and a half hours on two journeys. If you have a travelcard they take the piss and give you something like 0.80 because they presume you make x number of journeys a month on it and divide it.

Absolute ******* shambles, trains routinely get delayed because they're waiting for other trains. Even when it's a few minutes the delay can cause a knock on of about an hour for me.

It's not always Southern's fault, that landslip at Ockley isn't tbf but the shit that happens between Purley and Gatwick despite network rail shutting the line all over Christmas is pathetic. Signal problems and "electrical supply problems" galore.

Privatising East Coast is one of the most ******* stupid ideas I've ever heard, but it's the Tories so they'll do it just to **** over the poor.

If you hadn't noticed, I'm at the end of my tether with how abysmal the service is from Southern. The new trains are worse in the winter when it snows as well! God knows how they'll deal with leaves on the line.

Whilst I agree with 99% of what you say, especially the staff comment, I feel that mentioning the issues between Purley/Gatwick, signal problems and electrical supply problems aren't helping your argument. These issues are nothing to do with Southern or any other train operator for that matter - they are all Network Rail infrastructure issues. Granted I have been on my fair share of broken down trains over the years but usually the problems are the aforementioned ones (signals, power problems etc). The only things you mention that are Southerns fault are the staff issues and the lack of seats on brand new trains.