View Single Post
Old 30-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
It means:

A. The driver who should be driving that train has not come in and they can't cover the job.

B. The driver has got stuck elsewhere due to disruption.

C. As above but swap driver for conductor.
Recently I've been on a couple of trains which have been cancelled mid-journey because of 'lack of available train crew'. Presumably they hop on and off and passengers are normally none the wiser - unless the second driver hasn't turned up? Either that, or the driver which has taken us as far as Norwood spontaneously combusted.

I'm usually a fan of Southern, but they have been utter shit these past few months, and by no means can the London Bridge rebuild be blamed for all these occasions. I've put in six Delay Repay submissions since the week before Christmas, the point at which I got so pissed off I started to try and get my dues.

The latest fun is the introduction of the longer trains for the Caterham/Tattenham lines. You'd think this would be a good idea, but they haven't updated the electronic announcements, so I've seen plenty of people who thought (and had been told) they were in the Tattenham portion suddenly panic when they realise they're on the way to Caterham! That's pretty poor by Southern not to get that right.