View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 01:35 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARZET EAGLE View Post
60 odd years for me, and I don't think we've witnessed a season with so many injuries. With those old leather boots an long studs, plus plenty of cloggers around it may sound surprising. I put it down to the modern game and its physicality and pace. Many of the injuries are ligament injuries caused by studs sticking in the lush turf that most clubs have. Mud heaps were the norm, particulary in winter, which were more forgiving but particularly fun for Jack Edwards and his sliding tackle.
Players are bigger fitter and more finely honed than in the old days. This applies to all sport. Look how many cricketers break down with injury,this hardly happened in the past.
Mind you medical treatment is better . A torn cartliege was a season if not career ending injury. Now they seem to be back in 6 weeks or less.

Question I always wonder about is what would players like Don Rogers be like if they had to days fitness?