View Single Post
Old 19-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSlimbloke'H' came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceFan in Alabama
On my visit in October, my son picked up a few (six) and can't tell you much about the rest of the evening, we had been drinking Pride and Harvey's.
I seem to remember it being quite a rich, full bodied ale, but I may be wrong...

Talking of Harveys, the Old should be in full flow by now. By far the best winter ale IMHO. I did the brewery tour many moons ago, and one of the guides admitted that their Best doesn't travel that well, which is why you don't see it in too many Free Houses.

The Victoria Tavern in Loughton carries it though, and by a strange quirk of fate, that's where I'll be heading after the Colchester Utd game!