View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 03:33 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Cant help but feel Barney is massively overpriced for the Prem League darts.

Barney 2017, was 5-2-2 half way. Then went 1-0-6 down the home straight to come 6th. He had to play some tough opponents in the last run and this years new picks have it all to prove or prove again. You generally need 18/19 points to reach finals night though i think it will be lower this year due to the lower ranks being more evenly matched. He had 12 with 7 games remaining and messed it up.

Barney starts with fixtures against Gurney, Suljovic and Whitlock which are all winnable. He doesnt face Wright until week 7, Anderson until Week 8 and MVG in Week 9.With this in mind he could easily be 4-1-1 or better going into these three games. If he does this, and gets through the final three at no worse than 5-1-3 he will then have at least three winnable games, likely against Gurney, Suljovic and Smith to qualify and not worry about the big 3 until finals nights....

Too bigger price for someone who in the last 4 years, has won it once and reached the final 4 twice in what i think will be an easier year for him against inexperienced opponents.

After all that, he will be 0-0-7 . Think i need a lie down

He is 33/1 to win/each way, which is 1/2 odds to make the final or can get just straight win boost with Skybet at 40s.
4 weeks in and this isnt that good unfortunately. Barney sits on 3 points with a 1-1-2 record. That said, he hasnt clicked into full gear yet and is still in the mix. If he doesnt beat Gerwyn Price this thursday however then its a good as over. He would then have the darts the following week against Anderson which could be a special match with Anderson coming off the back of his UK Open win. Im keeping the faith....for one more week anyway!