Thread: Wan-Bissaka
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiddo View Post
Thought he was naive at times. Perhaps poor is harsh but certainly did nothing striking. Looked a bit lost in a mans game. Caught chasing in the first half and the wild cross in the 2nd that went out. Maybe it was nerves. Nothing against the kid but Roy had the confidence to play him so I expected someone mustard.
It was his professional debut. He's been with the U23s for two years playing in front of a few hundred people against mostly bang average players. It's a huge step up to then be marking Erik Lamela. Especially when he had someone younger than him playing at CB next to him and no real leader to help him out.

Considering his age, lack of experience and the opposition, I thought he did well. Defensively he was better than Van Aanholt. A few passes went astray, but I'm not sure it's fair to point out that his one cross was scuffed when even the very best players do that.

We expect a lot from our players, understandably, but I think it's important to place it in context. If it was a senior pro with lots of games I would understand, but this is a young lad who has never played a senior game - except in pre-season.

Not every player that comes through the academy is going to be like Wilf or Jonny Williams were on debut, or turn into the player that Wilf has.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end