View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 05:44 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
We entered Quiz Ball one year and did quite well. Similar to Quesion of Sport. Remember vaguely Gerry Queen and Jacko being pretty good. I was at the age where I was absolutely gutted when we got beaten. My father just laughed and told me that Gerry Queen had told him a month previously that they had lost.
Your getting old......

You posted this in 2005....
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Don't know if you've already dug this up Ian but here goes.

Quiz Ball refereed by David Vine (later Stuart Hall)

After winning the opening kick off question the player chose a route to goal and answered the questions. The opposing team had one chance to tackle the player going to goal by pressing a buzzer prior to the player answering their last question.If they get it right they've won possession but if it was wrong the challenge was unsuccessful and a goal is scored. The route one question was not subject to a tackle.

Quiz ball started in 66-67 and finished in 71-72. Their was no series in 68-69 and two in 70.

66-67 Palace never entered. Arsenal beat Dumferline 7-3 in final. Two of our most lovable ex- managers Mullery and Vegtables represented Spurs.

67-68 No Palace entry. Gerry Queen played for Kilmarnock and Willie Wallace Celtic. Alan Leather ( did he become our secretary ??? ) was on the Coventry team , he was their secretary. West Brom beat Forest 2-1 in final.

69-70. lost in the first round 2-1 to West Brom. Queen scoring for us and Osborne getting two for W.B.A.
Palace team. Jackson - Queen - Pinkney- and guest Alfie Bass.
Celtic and Hearts competed for final.

1970 no Palace entry. Celtic beat Everton in final. Charlie Cooke in Chelsea team.

1970-71 Palace beat Blackpool 3-2 in first round. team Bert Head - Jacko- Queen- guest Richard Wattis.

semi final we beat Leeds after extra time. team John Sewell replaced Bert Head.
final . lost to Derby 2-4 team John Sewell - John McCormick - John Jackson and Richard Wattis.

71-72 no palace entry. Dumferline won, and big Roger Hynd competed for Birmingham City.

I can only say by 1970/71 I had discovered girls and beer because I have no recollection of making the Final but digging around Google Richard Wattis scored both our goals in the final.

I found this from 2008 on a Derby Site.......To view the link you have to Register or Login

Seems most of the tapes were wiped but to give you youngsters you a clue there is this on YouTube To view the link you have to Register or Login

This was must see TV back in the days To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by N Herts Eagle; 12-07-2017 at 06:21 AM.