Thread: Boxing Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 09:56 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
No, the split is fixed before the fight. Not sure why you think it's remotely fair, Wilder got $2.1m for his last fight and has never made more than $2.5m for any of his fights. AJ earnt $20-30m for his last 2 fights and will probably make a similar amount for his next Parker fight. Why should he split it 50/50 when he will generate 90%+ of revenue?
Primarily because of the american ppv market. I don’t think there is any apetite for aj against anyone else via that medium and that is where the big money is at. This is why it will be in the states at an American friendly time in Vegas. This is why wilder knows he can demand parity. He may not be a giant household name like aj is in the uk but with his last fight and with it being a heavyweight unification fight involving an unbeaten American, it does huge numbers primarily due to wilder.

The uk market is tiny by comparison at less than 20 a pop in a state sized country. They pay far more and in greater numbers. In summary it’s a nonsense that he generates 90% of the revenue, that’s only the case if it’s here and they want to throw away where the big money is to be made. They won’t in my opinion. Hence why I think aj would be wise to have a warm up in America to get used to it first. He doesn’t need to rush. The money on offer may prove too much in the end though.

Last edited by scro; 07-03-2018 at 09:59 PM.