View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 03:11 PM

Mike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In response to the above, and to possibly clarify things the pre start rules at the moment are:
1. If you forecast before FP1 (1st Practice) then you get a bonus of 5 points.
2. If you change that forecast at any time after FP1 then you lose that bonus.
3. If you forecast or change your forecast after the start of qualification then no bonus applies and a penalty of 10 points applies.

It is interesting to note that in the proposed changes to the F1 rules for next season there was also a provision for a "change to the event timetable to increase flexibility". A spokesman said that instead of a prescribed time for the various practice sessions, there will be a window of time in which they can occur. So we will have to define in the regulations whether it is the actual time practice starts or the pre-published time.

I will leave the debate open on changes to our rule until sometime in February but I am minded to agree that if you forecast before FP1 you are stuck with that forecast. I suspect it may mean that there will be a lot of forecasts after FP3 and before Qualification. Does this penalize people going on holiday? Do we still allow under judges discretion the possibility of changing this if a grid penalty occurs during one of the practice sessions?

Scrumpy's idea of a further 5 points for the best improvement in position sounds OK as long as I can find somewhere which does the calculation for me. Questions: When would you have to make the forecast by and would it be changeable. Grid penalties would obviously have quite an effect.

MasterYoda's re-proposed (for the third time?) suggestion of some points for being one place out makes my life difficult so I have always said no. 2 points would mean you scored the same for being wrong as for being correct. Perhaps 5 for correct and 2 for wrong might work, but then that means the early bonus points seem too low.

I think taking a penalty when you shouldn't deserves shooting.

Last edited by Mike Douglas; 11-12-2017 at 03:15 PM.