View Single Post
Old 16-03-2018, 04:17 PM

Mike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Douglas : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rule revision suggestions and decisions.

It is interesting to note that in the proposed changes to the F1 rules for next season there was also a provision for a "change to the event timetable to increase flexibility". A spokesman said that instead of a prescribed time for the various practice sessions, there will be a window of time in which they can occur. So we will have to define in the regulations whether it is the actual time practice starts or the pre-published time.
Decision - The actual start time will be used in all cases.

I will leave the debate open on changes to our rule until sometime in February but I am minded to agree that if you forecast before FP1 you are stuck with that forecast. I suspect it may mean that there will be a lot of forecasts after FP3 and before Qualification. Does this penalize people going on holiday? Do we still allow under judges discretion the possibility of changing this if a grid penalty occurs during one of the practice sessions?
Decision - A forecast prior to FP1 can not be changed (even if a late grid penalty occurs). A forecast made after the start of FP1 can be changed with no penalty at any time up to the start of Qualification. A forecast made after the start of Qualification will attract a 10 point penalty.

Scrumpy's idea of a further 5 points for the best improvement in position sounds OK as long as I can find somewhere which does the calculation for me. Questions: When would you have to make the forecast by and would it be changeable. Grid penalties would obviously have quite an effect.
Decision - No change.

MasterYoda's re-proposed (for the third time?) suggestion of some points for being one place out makes my life difficult so I have always said no. 2 points would mean you scored the same for being wrong as for being correct. Perhaps 5 for correct and 2 for wrong might work, but then that means the early bonus points seem too low.
Decision - No change (for the third time )