View Single Post
Old 16-03-2018, 04:17 PM

Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Mike Douglas has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Rule revision suggestions and decisions.

It is interesting to note that in the proposed changes to the F1 rules for next season there was also a provision for a "change to the event timetable to increase flexibility". A spokesman said that instead of a prescribed time for the various practice sessions, there will be a window of time in which they can occur. So we will have to define in the regulations whether it is the actual time practice starts or the pre-published time.
Decision - The actual start time will be used in all cases.

I will leave the debate open on changes to our rule until sometime in February but I am minded to agree that if you forecast before FP1 you are stuck with that forecast. I suspect it may mean that there will be a lot of forecasts after FP3 and before Qualification. Does this penalize people going on holiday? Do we still allow under judges discretion the possibility of changing this if a grid penalty occurs during one of the practice sessions?
Decision - A forecast prior to FP1 can not be changed (even if a late grid penalty occurs). A forecast made after the start of FP1 can be changed with no penalty at any time up to the start of Qualification. A forecast made after the start of Qualification will attract a 10 point penalty.

Scrumpy's idea of a further 5 points for the best improvement in position sounds OK as long as I can find somewhere which does the calculation for me. Questions: When would you have to make the forecast by and would it be changeable. Grid penalties would obviously have quite an effect.
Decision - No change.

MasterYoda's re-proposed (for the third time?) suggestion of some points for being one place out makes my life difficult so I have always said no. 2 points would mean you scored the same for being wrong as for being correct. Perhaps 5 for correct and 2 for wrong might work, but then that means the early bonus points seem too low.
Decision - No change (for the third time )