View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 04:15 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag View Post
Whatever way you try to dress it up there can be no excuses for their lack of effort/performances that they have given to Palace (least said the better for the rewards they received, and that was the point i was making.
As for what that is, none of us would know the truth i was simply basing my comments on what i had read their salaries were Sako 65k p.w and Fryers 30k p.w, and people talk about fat cats bankers!
These players as you quite rightly pointed out came with high reputations and expectations were high, but what did we get in return?
I really wasn't trying to dress it up - and the post was not a comment or defence of their performances more trying to rectify what seems to be a misunderstanding re their actual cost which regularly gets inflated. TBH I don't think any of the squad are actually 'worth' the money they are paid in the truest sense because it is now beyond obscene but that's a whole other thread. Relatively, then maybe some are but not for real.

Neither have worked out. Sako started with a bang, helping us to some key early victories with neat goals but has never fulfilled that promise and hasn't stayed fit. Fryers is as above. Shame.