View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 07:52 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
I'm talking about the quality of signings we have made since we got promoted

We have had eight transfer windows and have six or seven players of genuine Premier League quality and another six or seven who are good enough to be Premier League squad members

When this season's twenty five man squad is named it will contain five players who played in the play-off final in May 2013, Speroni, Ward, Delaney, Williams and Zaha

Since we got promoted we have signed a whole squad of twenty five who have not improved our starting eleven

Neal Alexander, Jack Hunt, Barry Bannan, Elliott Grandin, Florian Marange, Adlene Guédiora, Jimmy Kébé, Jerome Thomas, José Campaña, Tom Ince, Zeki Fryers, Fraizer Campbell, Kevin Doyle, Andrew Johnson, Chung-Yong Lee, Jordon Mutch, Foluwashola Ameobi, Yaya Sanogo, Emmanuel Adebayor, Patrick Bamford, Alex McCarthy, Bakary Sako, Steve Mandanda, Mathieu Flamini, Loïc Rémy

Maybe people think these players have been value for money and have improved the squad?
IMO Campbell and Lee are reasonable squad players and I thought Barry Bannan was very decent, but was gradually frozen out by Pulis.Sako did get 2 winning goals in his few games but has gone downhill ever since (!) and didn't Hunt break his leg, just after he joined us ? And you're a brave man to single out Steeeeve ! on here. But I get your general drift.
The one that really gets my goat is the last name you mentioned - I almost feel Remy was inventing injuries towards the end of his time here, to have to actually avoid justifying the large slice of his wages we were paying