View Single Post
Old 20-06-2012, 05:23 PM

dim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is heredim Sam the man is here
A superb day - scored after a couple of minutes and then 80+ minutes of backs to the wall defending.

I remember being at the press conference and GT implored Brian Glanville to give an opinion on Palace's set-up, as a connoisseur of the beautiful game, banging on about how he had watched it all over the world and everybody respects his opinion.

Glanville was delighted to do so offering an unflattering opinion on the way Palace played the game!

It always struck me as a strange thing to do, but Taylor was absolutely gutted as his title chance slid away. Don't recall him saying: Now this is a test though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11
24/3/90

After the game, a fuming - and very bitter! - Villa boss Graham Taylor, moaned about our excessive use of the offside trap 'bringing the game into disrepute.' Taylor fumed: 'I can go on the training pitch and teach a lot of things, but i can't go out and teach people how to play offside. I'm not interested.'

This is the man that brought long ball football to the top of our game and made a right hash of being England manager, mmmmm........

Garry Thompson waits for another set piece to be thrown in, with Barber nearby.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Andy Gray prepares to launch another bomb towards Thompson.

The final whistle goes and Gary O' Reilly applauds an unlikely victory. Interesting to note the clock at the Homesdale end reading about 4.40pm. Presuming it was keeping time correctly, it shows you that games end a lot later these days, probably due to a longer half time break and stricter injury time.

Last edited by dim; 20-06-2012 at 05:26 PM.