Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I do understand all that and i'm not belittling the real concerns and fears people are feeling at this time re. their own economic future.

But I do feel that in the last 20 years or so we've entered this mind set as a nation where finances are given far too much air time and importance. It of course suits those at the very top who stand to gain most to have the masses obsessed with capitalism: their finances, house prices etc... You need the 'slaves' to buy into your ethos to keep your power flowing.

I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I do feel we have strayed from the path somewhat, and the real hysteria over 'the economy' this last 24hrs goes a long way to prove this.
30 + years. You're talking about Thatcherism. The most vocal pro Brexit/ anti EU people are the children of Thatcher.

These people want to take back power for themselves, not the general populace of this country. We are not going to see the rebuilding of communities that have been destroyed over the last 30 years, we as a society are way past that. If anything we will see communities further eroded as their funding is further cut due to no longer receiving EU funding and the British government makes, at least in the short term, further fiscal cuts.

As someone who works in the public sector I am aware that many public services are currently at the breaking point. I feel we have some dark, bleak winters to look forward to. On the plus side it should bring back a sense of community as society breaks down. Here's hoping.