Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 11:33 AM

robcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrobcmitchell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I do understand all that and i'm not belittling the real concerns and fears people are feeling at this time re. their own economic future.

But I do feel that in the last 20 years or so we've entered this mind set as a nation where finances are given far too much air time and importance. It of course suits those at the very top who stand to gain most to have the masses obsessed with capitalism: their finances, house prices etc... You need the 'slaves' to buy into your ethos to keep your power flowing.

I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but I do feel we have strayed from the path somewhat, and the real hysteria over 'the economy' this last 24hrs goes a long way to prove this.
Bubbs has hit the nail on the head, we are obsessed with finance, markets, exchange rates, futures and growth forecasts. These sort of things used to be bubbling away in the background but in recent history they are all we hear about.
The economy used to be a means to an end, now it is the end in itself.
Its wrong I tell you.