Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
It's a complete and utter lack of understanding

Not one leave voter I spoke to knew any of:

Norway have free movement of people as a condition of trade with eu

Norway pays 80% of what the uk do with no influence

*i start with Norway because all leavers ever seemed to say was we'll do a Norway, while we line up our deals... Sure Norway pay nothing and have no immigration!

We get over half of our eu membership costs back in money to nhs, research, industry etc...

Our eu membership is about 4% of our budget... After the money we get back it's about 0.5% of our budget... Leaving will likely cost us 10-20% of our economy

That'll do it's done... We need to stop fighting and embrace positivity to try to get confidence in the uk.... It can be a sucess but everyone needs to pull together now and find a decent leader. The point was, lots of the leave vote, most of it was through ignorance
In 2015 we paid about 1.1% of our total expenditure to the EU. I asked a few people what they thought it was, nearly all thought it was more than 30%

Misinformation and anti intellectualism rules.

Agree with your last paragraph.

We need an anti austerity government now that will invest to stimulate growth. Don't listen to the gutter press rubbishing Corbyn. For me he is the only one who can move us forward.
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.