Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
The last decade has not been a happy one, politically or economically. The financial crisis and MP expenses scandal led to a collapse in trust in our financial and political systems. I don't think the EU was to blame for this but the right wing populist press used them and immigration as a scapegoat for all of society's problems. I was passionately in the Remain camp but I don't think enough has been done over the last decade from people of my political persuasion to persuade Leave voters otherwise.

The one positive from leaving is that this scapegoating will be shown to be the fallacy that it is. Immigration will have to continue at current levels, our economy depends on it and will be part of a free trade deal with the EU that has to be agreed. Deprived areas will continue to be deprived (more so without EU funding), politicians will still not be trusted and this whole exercise will show that the EU was not as bad for the UK as the Mail/Express/Sun/UKIP would have you believe.

I also wonder what on Earth the Mail and Express are going to have as their front page headlines from now on....
Voting Tory cures alzheimers?
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.