View Single Post
Old 16-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Why is it outrageous?

I’ve often been asked to do so, in fact I had to show my passport for official reasons today, and it wasn’t to do with travel.

You can’t just say ‘I’m a British citizen’ and expect that to be accepted as true because you say so.

However, I do have sympathy that these current rules are putting onerous demands on the Windrush generation and think they should be helped to create the paperwork they need.
If only what these poor people are being asked to do was as simple as to show their passport!
It's a total disgrace!

Under what circumstances were you asked to prove your citizenship if you don't mind me asking?
Was it based on color and race? Because that, in simple terms, is what is happening here.