Thread: Suggested Team and Formation For: Brighton at home 14th April
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 02:40 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Given Roy’s comments about our performance against Bournemouth being our best going forward for some time I wouldn’t be surprised to see the same again with benteke on the bench.

I think we did well and no doubt we created chances but for large periods of the game we clearly missed a striker, any striker! Think that will be more prevalent in this game too as they will sit back much deeper than Bournemouth.

I hope it’s a reversion to a striker but perhaps given the problems wilf ans Townsend caused maybe a slight tweak in attack. Still the big man/little man combo of benteke and wilf that’s done well but I’d leave wilf in the forward role along side benteke a bit more often rather than him drifting back wide by default.

As Brighton are without Pröpper, Luka and Cabaye should be able to control the midfield and of course Jimmy will be everywhere again I think we can commit 2 players up front as the skill of wilf staying more advanced and central will be hurrendous for Duffy and dunk, especially balls off of benteke into space.

We are defending better, without Pröpper we should dominate midfield and a combo of wilf with benteke should be ideally suited to exploit their limited cbs. On paper, we’re all set as long as we don’t get our weekly injury non surprise. Don’t get me wrong we should have won a lot of games we haven’t and this will be all derby fight but.. the game should play to our strengths and we should definitely be set up for scoring goals.

Worst thing we could do is let them into it. We need to come out of the traps all guns blazing. Their fixtures after us are hurrendous, they’ll know defeat will be a massive blow and be desperate for the points. We need them on the back foot and nervous from the off. No cautious slow start to allow them to settle, its shock and awe for this one.

———————————-Wayne——————————
Ward/AWB——-Tomkins—--—Sakho—————PVA
Townsend———-Luka————-cabaye———Jimmy
———————-benteke———-wilf————————

Subs: cavalieri, ward/AWB, TFM, kelly, RLC, sorloth, ridewald

An improved bench there too as Roy has said he expected sorloth back last week, ward has been in u23s and papers expecting benteke available