Thread: Suggested Team and Formation For: Leicester City
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2018, 09:17 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Having discussed the ward situation at length and is obvious if he playes we need natural width ahead of him I’ve had a thought.

Another issue we fact is Townsend. All action player and I like him but his final ball... we actually decision before the final ball is lacking. ALWAYS THE ******* INAPPROPRIATE AND PREDICTABLE CUT BACK IN ANY SITUATION is preventing chances. Especially if benteke is playing who’s master piece is getting a run on the cb is nullified as he has to stop his forward run for the cut back ans wait for a cross.

So here we go

————————————Wayne————————————
Ward—————Tomkins————-Sakho—————-PVA
AWB—————-Luka——————Cabaye———Townsend
———————————————-zaha——————————
——————-———-benteke—————————————-

Subs: speroni, TFM, kelly, Jimmy, ridewald, RLC, sorloth

Advantages of this

With the natural width ward won’t be isolated against pace. I think we’ll sit family deep as we did before because of Vardy so combined with AWB getting back to prevent an overload we’ll be tighter at the back. Same with Pva getting much more support from Townsend.

Service to benteke will be much improved. As mentioned Townsend fails almost every time to deliver the timely cross, insisting on cutting in. On the left he needs to get to the line and cross with his left foot or go for the early ball. AWB has shown the most attacking promise of our rbs and has the energy and fight to match jimmys.

It’ll create more space for zaha as Townsend ans zaha will be free to switch and Leicester will have a hard time covering that, especially with the space left for AWB and his pace on the other side.

We’ll have the target man/outlet that is benteke and we have proven over the season we are a better side with him in it scoring or not. Zaha gets much more to run on to with him there. We’ll also have someone in the box as so often without him we get a chance to cross, pull back and no one is there.

We are also much much better at defending set pieces benteke in the side and that can only be enhancesd with both ward and AWB there.

Lots of pace, very solid, natural width, more crosses, more space for zaha, a target man and aerial dominance

Do it

Edit: and of course with gray and Vardy coming at us.. ward and AWB would be pretty useful together