View Single Post
Old 23-06-2014, 10:19 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Hands up if you bemoaned Galway's inability to live up to their billing in the hurling v Kilkenny yesterday when 9 points adrift with 3 minutes to go.

Those late 3 goals to draw level, only for Shefflin to ping an incredible sideline swipe over to snatch what they thought was the win, and then Canning tops it with an even tighter effort to eventually draw the game was some of the most dramatic scenes I've watched in GAA - and I was suitably oiled as well, which helped add to the occasion. No quarter was asked or given with some serious thumps being dished out. A hell of a spectacle.

I know it's not quite Séamus Darby for Offaly v Kerry in the '82 AI Final, but the pub was hopping all the same.

Galway footballers saw off Sligo. Good performances from Fiontan O Curraoin who I know well from Indreabhán & the Míchael Breathnach club. He's good muckers with my cousins. Mayo should be too strong for Galway in the Connacht final but it does finally seem like we're making progress. Bradshaw seems to have gone backwards though. I had high hopes for him being the next Séan Óg de Paor but he's not hitting the heights since he walked out on the panel last summer.

Donegal beat Antrim in the Ulster semi final.
Kerry beat Clare in the Munster semi final and will meet Cork. I fancy Cork this year.

The Qualifers almost went as expected except Longford beat Derry; I'm sure Tyrone Eagle enjoyed that one.
Limerick made hard work of beating London, and there were wins for Laois & Wicklow.

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 23-06-2014 at 11:50 AM.