View Single Post
Old 21-11-2017, 02:52 PM

The Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is hereThe Norwoodsman Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin View Post
Clubbing. You pay a fortune to get in and a fortune for drinks which are generally rubbish. You can't have a conversation because you have some utterly awful, vacuous noise masquerading as music blaring into your eardrums. Most people can't dance. These days you can just use Tinder if you want to pull. Far better to just stay in the pub.
Clubs are (or were in my case) good if you like a certain kind of genre of music i.e. indie, rock/metal, all the dance sub-cultures that I've never really understood etc.

If you love a certain kind of music that you don't get to hear everyday in public then getting to hear it at loud volume, twatted on your posion of choice, surrounded by people into the same kind of stuff you are into, some of whom are member of the opposite sex who may theoretically decide to get off with you, is bloody great.

Effectively if you are there primarily for the music with pulling as a bonus extra then it's all good.

If you're there primarily to get your end away and are prepared to put up with the gash music/atmosphere as part of that quest then the experience is often as described above though, unless you are with a group of mates that make it fun in itself.

It's all by the by for me anyway as I'm old and sprogged up, but as with many other things in life it's all about context and company.