View Single Post
Old 18-04-2017, 09:11 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Bloom wont syphon off Prem money, I don't believe. Unless he gets Brighton to invest in his other ventures... Or takes a ridiculous salary. I'm sure he will sell a large controlling holding to some investors from Overseas. And retain a seat on the board for his family for more generations to come. But the debt will be difficult to manage in negotiations. Effectively who would want to pay him back and carry the burden of that debt? Will be interesting to see how it's played out.

We were in a good position with zero to negligible debt. It's easy to get carried away and blinded by the lights of the Prem. But sound investments would be players like Defoe & Crouch for the frontline (actually Ulloa would make more sense, and get one of Bournemouths forwards). An ageing star in defence. And some quality in midfield- as well as cover in the squad, or at least challenging for the 1st XI. I think our way has been decent, players out of favour with a point to prove have largely worked, and up and coming players too. The premiership player mentality though is so different to the Championship. It doesn't work all the time, some have already made it - they lack that desire that Brighton players got with.

But either way with everything they now have in place, even if they don't stay up, am pretty sure they wont see the likes of Hereford again. Of course, Pompey & Coventry would have felt similar.

Last edited by eagle mart; 18-04-2017 at 09:16 AM.