Thread: Joey Barton
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox
he could have said nothing, but due the masssive reaction i dont think it would have rested until he did say something. hes done well to nip that in the bud before any more persecution

it just shows how far he has to go to be a better person as you put. the person guilty of the biggest over reaction is barton himself for punching pedersen or no plausible reason

if you punch someone in the chest t local level the league have been known to turn around and say "no more for you sonny". why is it any different for him?

just look up his track record and how many excuses hes given and how many times hes gone on to reoffend in some way. hes got a screwloose i he keeps doing it in the pubic eye surely?

and i didnt focus on all his negative cus i said its a shame cus hes a good footballer

other people are more deserving of help and support
It isn't any different for him? He deserved to be sent off, without a doubt.

I don't even know why i'm arguing his side to be honest, I keep thinking why do I actually give a f*ck. I have no affiliation to Barton or Newcastle. I do genuinely like him as a player though & have been really impressed by his performances & attitude this season...until what he did on wednesday night.

I just think so many players in football f*ck up & keep doing so. Once they have a past, it's never forgotten & the press always remind everybody of this. It's just always so negative, football has such a bad name. There's always some skeleton in somebodies closet & they very rarely go on to make up for it. Barton's up there with the worst offenders but I genuinely thought he had a turned a corner. What a great story that would be. It would have been fantastic for once to have somebody in football who you could point out to kids & say he was the lowest of the low, but he turned it round. I don't know, i'm struggling to get my point across but I know what I mean!