Thread: Joey Barton
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Adult Member

David of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavid of Kent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14
It isn't any different for him? He deserved to be sent off, without a doubt.

I don't even know why i'm arguing his side to be honest, I keep thinking why do I actually give a f*ck. I have no affiliation to Barton or Newcastle. I do genuinely like him as a player though & have been really impressed by his performances & attitude this season...until what he did on wednesday night.

I just think so many players in football f*ck up & keep doing so. Once they have a past, it's never forgotten & the press always remind everybody of this. It's just always so negative, football has such a bad name. There's always some skeleton in somebodies closet & they very rarely go on to make up for it. Barton's up there with the worst offenders but I genuinely thought he had a turned a corner. What a great story that would be. It would have been fantastic for once to have somebody in football who you could point out to kids & say he was the lowest of the low, but he turned it round. I don't know, i'm struggling to get my point across but I know what I mean!
Good post
The darkest moments of our lives are not to be buried and forgotten, rather they are a memory to be called upon for inspiration to remind us of the unrelenting human spirit and our capacity to overcome the intolerable.