View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 02:09 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
You make it sound as though Pulis acted unilaterally without Peter Coates' consent and backing. I don't believe Pulis did anything that Coates wasn't happy to sanction. Coates set the goalposts and Pulis operated within them. In return, Pulis turned an average first division club into an established mid-table premiership team. I don't see why Pulis and Parish couldn't have agreed a similar accommodation.

The problem with some people on this site is that they can't see there is a middle way between blowing millions of pounds and going into administration, and spending peanuts. I would have hoped Pulis and Parish could have agreed a way forward that gave us the best chance of staying in the league, while not risking the club's long-term future.

I agree CPFC2010 have done - and are doing - an amazing job. But one issue for me is that they are rifling through the managers - 4 in 4 years is not ideal. They need to find an eventual successor for Warnock that will establish the club over a longer period.
At Stoke Coates installed a chief exec to carry out the running of the club. That chief exec agreed a transfer budget with Pulis the last season he was there, a budget that came from Coates. It was Pulis circumventing the chief exec and going to Coates asking for more money that was the beginning of the end for him at Stoke. Pulis then refused to deal within the budget set for the next season so Coates decided to cut him loose.

Pulis is a chequebook manager, go through his managerial history and you'll see that he's always spent plenty of money at the clubs he's been at and often had a parting of the ways when he doesn't get his own way.