View Single Post
Old 29-04-2014, 06:08 PM

thepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in facultythepowells is noble in reason and infinite in faculty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Think this was about September 1965, a 2-1 win at Charlton, just after our promotion to the Second Division, an evening game, I seem to recall. Subsequently, in January ( probably ) either 1966 or 1967, I recall going to Carlisle for a 0-3 defeat in the FA Cup. Back then, this was a Friday overnight coach trip, depositing us in Carlisle at about 7.30a.m on the Saturday morning and return journey not starting until about 10.30p.m on the Saturday evening.
Also, remember the 1968 game, where MacDonald scored against us ( could have been his debut even, and as previously mentioned, he was a left back then ). Also, the days before crowd segregation of course.
Yep was a Friday evening game I think it was certainly dark when we came out and your right Super Mac played left back and arrowed one in from 25 yards to win the game and it was his debut. Didn't he go off to Luton or somewhere and then became a centre forward!