View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
Great home form that season:

Played 23 - won 17 - drew 5 - lost 1 (we lost home and away to Chester City 2-1)

I seem to recall that some fans got so desperate near the end that they tried to pull down the fencing in order to invade the pitch and get the game abandoned.
I have a strange memory of the Chester away game. When we scored, everyone was celebrating and it felt like it was raining. We were in a covered end so this seemed odd. Looking at the rain on my coat, it turned out to be rust dislodged from the roof of the stand from the vibration caused by the goal celebration.