View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:00 AM

olly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietolly cromwell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Satellite View Post
The coach we went up to Wrexham on for the Mansfield game wasn't full from memory, probably less than 30, although Cad who posted those great photos on this thread would have a better idea - he was the coach steward.

I have heard that other Palace fans travelled separately to the game, but at a guess, as someone else has already said I think it would not be too much more than 50.

It was my first full season watching Palace home and away (I was only 13 at the start of the season) - the only game I missed was a midweek one at Sheffield Wendesday and we had a game abandoned at Lincoln when we were 1-0 up, I could not make the rescheduled game - which Palace lost 3-2 and apparently those that did got a 'reception' from the Lincoln fans!

A great season, so many memories, Palace juniors won the FA Youth Cup too, I think I was going to a Palace match every three or four days in April and May of 1977, we also travelled to Tottenham West Brom and QPR to follow the juniors as well as the First team games.

Wow I was on that coach as well (thought NE was the steward though could be wrong) it was an unofficial "official" coach with people booking on the coaches back from the first game ( remember someone being sick on the back seat) and we left Wrexham quite late
The police were quite confused with how to deal with 3 sets of fans and we ended up in the side terrace (we got moved from the away end as it was full of Mansfield, celebrating the title if memory serves)
So many memories, amazing how we finished our season at Wrexham and they still had one more game, mind you Wrexham really did chuck promotion away that season